200 yamaha fuel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 yamaha fuel problems

Hi , I am having a fuel issue that i cant track down. I have replaced 3 filters on the motor, cleaned the screen and injectors. cleaned pickup from tank .
    The primer bulb does not stay tight even after replacing. cant get but about 3800 rpms and surges. turn the motor off and restart then it will get 4600 for about 2 min then back down to 3800? anyone ever had this problem?
    model is a f 200 txrd 2005
    thanks
    kantgetright

Originally posted by Kantgetright View Post
    Hi , I am having a fuel issue that i cant track down. I have replaced 3 filters on the motor, cleaned the screen and injectors. cleaned pickup from tank .
    The primer bulb does not stay tight even after replacing. cant get but about 3800 rpms and surges. turn the motor off and restart then it will get 4600 for about 2 min then back down to 3800? anyone ever had this problem?
    model is a f 200 txrd 2005
    thanks
    kantgetright
    Can't say this will help, but check your fuel cap. Also if you can disconnect fuel line before engine and squeeze bulb a few times, fuel should continuously flow on it's own.
    (route hose thru transom splash well drain tubes to fuel can)

Comment

Look for air leaks in the fuel line connections.
      Low pressure fuel pumps leaking, have they been checked/replaced ?

How old is the fuel lines from tank all the way to the motor?
      Old lines, over 2 yrs. old are suspect to delamination on the inside of them causing restriction of flow.

Lots of problems with fuel hoses and ethanol lately.

Anti siphon valve at the outlet of fuel tank may be restricted.

Comment

Yes as far as i know the lines have never been replaced. should the bulb stay tight while and after running? I will check these things and let you know.
        Thanks for the help!

Comment

I have checked the cap and even left it open while running but no difference.

Comment

primer bulb will not, cannot and never will stay tight during running.
            once the VST is filled the primer can be tossed in the creek.

your describing a typical VST filter clog.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt17

Comment

Working...
              X