Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil transfer pump issues.

Morning all,
    I've got a few questions about the transfer pump on the remote oil tank and could use a little help.
    I've always been OMC so the Yamaha motors are new to me. Awhile back I picked up an '85 20' Grady Overniter, that has a '90 225ETXD hanging on the back. I don't know what the original was.
    I'm not getting oil transferred up to the engine tank. Have read some of the threads on this issue and started to troubleshoot. Applied 12v directly to the pump and got nothing so I'm assuming I need to replace the pump.
    It appears that year calls for a 6E5-81900-00-00. Having a hard time tracking one of those down and was wondering if a 6E5-81900-01-00 is interchangable. Also how does the pump come out of the tank. I didn't have much time to investigate before I had to quit and it'll be awhile before I can back to it but at the time I didn't notice any visible mountings.
    Final question at this time and aside from the oil issue. Anyone know what the fuel capacity would be on this boat ? Can't read the the tag on the tank and just installed a Faria fuel manager so I need to start with an accurate total. I'm guessing around 60-65 gals.

The -01-00 is an updated version of the -00-00 pump. It will plug and play.

The pump is press fit into the tank. Just pull the hell out of it and it will slide out of the hole into which it resides.

When you replace the pump replace the filter as well.

Don't have a clue about the boat. Grady White will. Their Customer Support is second to none.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 03-11-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Boscoe99 it's appreciated. I'll give it a go next chance I get.

Comment

Working...
      X