I could sure use some advice Yam. F115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could sure use some advice Yam. F115

I replaced fuel filter and cleaned the VST filter on my F115, put everything back together and now it won’t start! I pulled the hose off the intake side of the fuel rail and it’s not getting fuel, is there something I missed about putting the VST pump assembly back together or is there a step I need to do to get fuel up to the injectors ? any help is greatly appreciated .

Mike

did you remember to plug in the fuel pump?
    did you reprime the VST ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply! the plug on top the VST housing Yes !
      How do I reprime the VST ? there is a shrader vavle on top of the fuel rail when I press the needle air came out ! does it have to be bled off ?

Mike

Comment

if the VST has fuel in it the rail will self bleed, may take a couple seconds but it will self bleed.

Comment

Can I prime the VST thru one of the fuel lines ?

Mike

Comment

The primer ball should be pumped until it gets hard and stays hard. That will reprime the VST.

Not a good idea to run an electric fuel pump without it being submerged in fuel. Hopefully, you did not do any damage.

Comment

I can't get the primer ball to get hard! like its not presuured, I I pour gas into the top hose from the pump to the VST will that prime the sytem ? What is the sradder valve on top of the fuel rail for ?

Thanks

Comment

the valve on the fuel rail is for testing rail pressure.
                the one on the VST covered by a rubber plug is for venting the VST when draining.
                if you have no fuel in the VST it wont start and will most likely burn up the pump trying to prime it with the mechanical pump.
                its the only reason the fuel primer bulb is there.

Comment

I want to thank you guys for your assistance ! I pulled the fuel line from the pump to the VCT and the line from the VST to the railand used a squrk bottle to fill both the pump and the VST and the eng. started and after burning off the fogging ran great. Thanks again, Mike

Comment

sounds like you need to find out why your primer bulb in not functioning properly

Comment

Working...
                    X