Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F80B wich parts in US?

Hello, can't find out which Yamaha outboard to buy parts from who fits the
    model Yamaha F80B 4 stroke. F80B is not in the listings. Anyone who knows if any US models has the same service parts?

US market dont have F80B/F100D or F80/F100 EFI but have F75 and F90 EFI.
    Some parts match with same part #

What parts do you need?

I may post the parts # you need and maybe you can find it on boats.net or other in US

Comment

There is no F80B anywhere in the world.

There is an F80BET however. Is this your model?

Does the PID begin with a 6D7?

Comment

F80B is the model! B is the 2nd generation, E=Electric Start and T=Tilt Trim

EX. the new F115 is F115B also probably BET to be more correct is BETL or BETX but on a F30B doesnīt mean is BET because on this class may not have Electric Start or Tilt/Trim

F80B | Yamaha Motor Australia

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
          F80B is the model! B is the 2nd generation, E=Electric Start and T=Tilt Trim

EX. the new F115 is F115B also probably BET to be more correct is BETL or BETX but on a F30B doesnīt mean is BET because on this class may not have Electric Start or Tilt/Trim

F80B | Yamaha Motor Australia
          Not according to Yamaha.

You will not see a motor with just model F80B on the data plate. It will have more characters. F80BET for instance.

As an example, see the illustration below. The complete model is FL350AET. It is not FL350A.

But, more importantly is the PID prefix if someone is trying to source Yamaha parts in the US for a model that is distributed outside the US and not inside the US as well.

Comment

US market dont have F80B/F100D or F80/F100 EFI but have F75 and F90 EFI.
            Some parts match with same part #

What parts do you need?

I may post the parts # you need and maybe you can find it on boats.net or other in US
            Thank you, I need oil filter, fuel filter, thermostats, anodes, sparks, time belt etc. In general service parts, everything works.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              There is no F80B anywhere in the world.

There is an F80BET however. Is this your model?

Does the PID begin with a 6D7?
              You are absolutely right, its an F80BET and PID starts with 6D7 :-)

Comment

Hi Boscoe!

Canīt desagree with you but you canīt say F80B does not exist!
                SM is for F80B and F100D as you can have a look on attachment and not for F80BET or F100DET which in fact are F80BET and F100DET.
                As you posted before the most important is PIB.
                For my 30 hp PIB is 6J8 if electric or manual start, trim/tilt or not, handle or remote and always a 30D (at least for EU/world) that may be a 30DMO, 30DM, 30DMH,30DE, 30DMHO,30DEO, 30DEM etc etc manual parts and service manual is the same for all with 6J8 PIB.
                Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

High Almetelo.

The problem is that the SM does not list the full model of the motor that it covers. They do this for simplicity. The data plate always carries the complete model identity and the complete PID.

For example, there could be an F225TXR, an F225TUR, an LF225TXR and an LF225TUR. Basically it is the same motor but with one having an extra long drive shaft and the other having an ultra long drive shaft and then one with a counter rotating gear case and the other with a right turn gear case. But, these are given four completely different model identities. However, there is only one service manual for these four models.

For example, don't just mention that it is an F225 and then ask a question about the gear case. We could not know if it has a 25 inch shaft, a 30 inch shaft and if it is a right turn or a left turn model.

My point is to try and to encourage anyone that is posting about their particular model that they give us the complete identity of their model.

Comment

Oil filter: 5GH-13440-00
                    Thermostat: 67F-12411-01
                    Bracket anode: 6H1-45251-03
                    Spark plug NGK LFR5a-11 : 94702-00391
                    Belt: 67F-46241-00
                    Tensioner assy: 67F-11590-00
                    Fuel filter: 6D8-24560-00 (you can buy every part of this filter separated)
                    intake fuel filter: 69J-24502-00
                    Fuel Injection pump filter: 6C5-13915-00
                    Cylinder crankcase anode: 67F-11325-01

hope this help!

Comment

Why F80 and F100 EFI are not sold in US? If you do the opposite question (why F75 and F90 are not sold in EU) I donīt know!
                      At 1st sight doenīt make any sense.

Comment

Why F80 and F100 EFI are not sold in US? If you do the opposite question (why F75 and F90 are not sold in EU) I donīt know!
                        At 1st sight doenīt make any sense.
                        You have that right. A lot of what Yamaha does is not making any sense. To us anyway. I suppose there is a method to their madness but only they know.

Our F150's have a balancer. Yamaha sells a commercial version of the F150 (but not in the US) that does not use a balancer.

Just a short ways from the US (Canada, Bahamas, Mexico, etc.) they sell models that are not offered in the states. People bring those models to the US and can have a tough time sourcing parts.

Now that I think about it, Yamaha is world wide. Why not offer a world parts catalog that includes all of the models they have offered and are offered. Anyone anywhere can determine what part he needs, by part number. If that part number is available here in the states he can buy it from a US dealer. But maybe Yamaha does not want folks outside the US getting cheaper (sometimes anyway) Yamaha parts.

Comment

the HP ratings seem to be marketing driven.

the parts on the otherhand seem to be product liability and US emissions laws driven.

ever see an OX66250 with no O2 sensor??

I have.

Comment

Ever seen a US HPDI with an 02 sensor? Yes.

Ever seen a US HPDI without an 02 sensor? Yes.

Ever seen an S model (not SX) that is fuel injected? Yes.

Ever seen an S model that is carbureted? Yes.

Ever wonder why CL does not need a Gateway but CL+ does?

Ever wonder why some models have CL only whereas some have both CL and CL+?

Ever seen a Yamaha outboard with a modern belt driven generator instead of an antiquated motorcycle heritage electrical generation system? No.

Ever wonder why AGM batteries with Yams were a "no no" for years and years but now they are OK?

Who is knowing why Yam does what they do.

Great craftsmanship. Adequate design. Horrible data.

Comment

see what I mean?
                              its simply what we get.
                              why you need to know?
                              standard answer from a Japanese engineer.

Comment

Working...
                              X