Fuel consumption vs RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel consumption vs RPM

Ok so I am new to boating and I have a dusky with a 1996 s200txru on it I the love the boat and it seems to run great but here my question..... I have been making small trips offshore( 25 miles round trip if you call that offshore LOL) and this thing just drinks fuel lets say about 45 gal that just seems crazy to me and I have a flo scan which I just figured I should pay attention to I have been driving both ways pin down at around 4900 rpm does anyone have any idea what my fuel consumption if I drove at my proper cruising rpm (which I don't know what that is so if you do please share Lol) if could there be some type of issue with my fuel pumps thanks again guys.

Go to this website and plug in your data.

It'll show what speeds, MPG's, etc you should be getting and at what RPM's, etc:

Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-09-2014, 08:47 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Go to this website and plug in your data.

It'll show what speeds, MPG's, etc you should be getting and at what RPM's, etc:

Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards
        Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 - Awesome site.

If you can't find an exact match, find something similar and you'll get what you need.

Comment

when you say "pin down" do you mean full throttle, but only 4,900 RPM? if so, you need some attention to your setup. (maybe)

Comment

Originally posted by throrope View Post
            Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 - Awesome site.

If you can't find an exact match, find something similar and you'll get what you need.
            Your very welcome.

Your engine should be maxing out a bit higher in the RPM range (close to another 1,000 RPM's). It'll certainly wake it up coming out of the hole with the right prop(asuming its prop related, no other engine issues)..
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X