Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hour meter manipulation

hi guys,

recently got the original 6y5 stand alone digital hour meter and want to put 200 hours on it to bring it in align with true hours of my outboard.
    done a bit of a search and came up with power unit up normally but connect tacho input temporary before the ignition key. Is this correct?

to register hours the meter must be supplied with 12V AND a tach signal.
    take away either and it quits.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, unit seems to power up ok, only problem it doesn't light up like my other gauges,any idea why?

Comment

I don't believe that the digital hour meter has internal lighting.

Is it really important to check the number of hours on the meter while running the boat at speed on a dark and stormy night?

Did you connect it as shown in the diagram to see if it clocks time?

Comment

thanks Boscoe, wired up the meter mate and ran the engine, timing symbol is flashing with engine running so all good. Instead of ignition hookup I picked up off the tacho input so everything seems ok.Was just curious if this had a backlight and understand your point,hahaha.

any idea if you can get scratches out of the front fascia, my tacho has a slight blemish on it and wondered if I could possibly polish it out,thanks again for your input mate,thanks

Comment

Did you wire it as shown temporarily so that you can log 200 hours time on it without running the motor?

Sounds as if you may be from down under. Here in the states they make products to restore plastic headlight lens' on automobiles. Many use them to restore/refurbish Yamaha gauges. We get them from our local auto store. You should be able to find something similar.

For instance

3M Headlight Restoration Kit - Walmart.com

Comment

looks like good products Boscoe, will have a look for something similar, haven't counted up the hours yet but will do shortly when I get around to it,thanks for your input,cheers

Comment

hour meter

Hi guys,

know this is an old thread but wondered where the pic is of the wiring diagram.I need to manipulate the hour meter some more and have forgotten what is what,thanks in advance if anyone can help,cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X