1984 Yamaha Beto Water Pump Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Yamaha Beto Water Pump Advice

I searched the forums for 1984 Yamaha Beto. If you think I missed something to find water pump replacement example or advice, please let me know.

Do I need the housing? I just ordered the water pump parts over the phone through a Yamaha dealer and they had a kit in stock without the housing. Is the housing a big deal? What would the symptoms of a failed housing look like?

NOTE: This is preventive maintenance only. No failures yet. I just want to see it pumping water out as strong as a new one or at least better than it is now. It seems like it should pee straight and the stream should not have a bend in it when idling, correct?

When I last had the WP replaced in my F150(and the two drive shaft seals under the impeller plate), I let the shop do the entire kit.

That did NOT include the plastic housing.

Unless the impeller overheated (no water) the SS housing overheated, then transferred that heat to the housing melting it (the housing), you should be fine.

The SS insert, SS lower flat plate and impeller gets the brunt of the wear.

Re a hard stream or bending of cooling water, my F150, at idle, 700 RPM, (brand new pump/kit, installed by the highest rated yamaha mechainic) does NOT have a hard stream. Don't re-call it ever having a super strong stream (bought it new). Raise the RPM's some, yes, more flow, straighter stream.

Now my neighbors old 200 V6 2 stroke, we did a water pump impeller, pissed like a race horse but it did idle a bit higher.
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-06-2014, 07:49 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X