2013 f20lpha tiller to remote conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 f20lpha tiller to remote conversion

This is my first post. I have a Yamaha f20lpha that I want to convert from a tiller to a remote. It is going on a 84 tracker. I know it needs 11' Mar cables, and I Have the steering. Can anyone help me figuire out what parts I will need to have to do the job. And does anyone have any used parts I could get to do the conversion?
    Thanks Pakmansr

2013-MRP-Catalog

Last edited by boscoe99; 03-05-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I have a chance to buy a used (703-48205-A2-00 REMOTE CONTROL ASSY) (10P) but the book calls out a (703-4820-17-10) does anyone know how much difference between the two and if this unit can be adapted to work for my application?

Comment

Originally posted by pakmansr View Post
        I have a chance to buy a used (703-48205-A2-00 REMOTE CONTROL ASSY) (10P) but the book calls out a (703-4820-17-10) does anyone know how much difference between the two and if this unit can be adapted to work for my application?
        You are missing a digit.

Comment

If you are talking about a 703-48230-17-00 control box, and if "the book" is the Yamaha Marine Rigging and Parts Catalog, and if your belief is that this is the control box for your motor, how did you get to that position?

Do you understand the difference between a push to open box versus a pull to open box, the difference between a ten pin harness and a seven pin harness, and which is used for what, and where?

Comment

The number for my motor control is 703-48207-17-10 sorry I did a cut and paste. I must have missed it. I have never set one up before But with a little help I know I can do what ever I need to do to get the job done.

Comment

The number for my motor control is 703-48207-17-10 sorry I did a cut and paste. I must have missed it. I have never set one up before but with a little help I know I can do whatever I need to do to get the job done. And looking at the pictures in the 2013 catalog the only difference between the two is how the middle link is oriented.

Comment

The number for my motor control is 703-48207-17-10 sorry I did a cut and paste. I must have missed it. I have never set one up before but with a little help I know I can do whatever I need to do to get the job done. And looking at the pictures in the 2013 catalog the only difference between the two is how the middle link is oriented.
                Still confusion in my mind. There is no 703-48207-17-00.

The 703-48207 control box has a -1A-10 suffix.

The 703-48230 control box has the -17-10 suffix.

What happened for your desire to use a 703-48205-A2-00 control box?

All you need to know is that your model motor is a push-to-open type with power trim and tilt. This means you need a control box that is set up for push-to-open use (control box can be modified) and which has a ten pin harness and a trim and tilt switch.

You might want to find a good dealer/Yamaha mechanic and discuss all of this with them. Better still, have them do the modification for you.

Comment

The model number I used was one I got from this Forum, from the user called Boats.net super Moderator. And I can get the (703-48205-A2-00) control box for $160.00 in fair shape if I can modify it, that’s about 220.00 less than I can buy it new. If I were to buy everything new it will cost me somewhere in the 700 to 800 price range. I am not trying to be cheap. And I know what all the other items are that I need are and will purchase them when I can. I joined this forum to get help and as much info as I can on the installation and restoration of my boat. I am on a tight budget. And a father of five and only will be able to get the items I need one part at a time. I have a relative who did boat motor repair for a living in Florida who now live in my area and is willing to help me do the work so I hope you can understand why I am asking these questions. and I thank you for all of your help so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X