Fuel data from F300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel data from F300

Until recentrly I had a 8-meter Inflatable with a F250 yamaha outboard . I also had (and still have) a combo GPS - NorthStar 6600 (former Navman 660) with its fuel kit installed which gave me excellent readings about consumption etc. The GPS is discontinued. Now, I bought a F300 Yamaha, and want to use its nmea output to have the fuel measurements shows on the GPS without( the analog) fuel kit. I want the data about the GPS speed and the consumption rate to be fed into the GPS. I know that it is possible, but HOW. Do I need any special cable?

It seems that a GPS is being confused with an MFD. Multi-Function Device. What may also be referred to as a chart plotter sometimes.

Engine data cannot be displayed on a pure GPS display. The display must be a multifunction device and that device must also have NMEA 2000 capability.

From what I can find about the Navman 660, it does not have NMEA 2000 capability. That is, it will not display engine data. Obviously, there is no connection point for engine data to be fed to that device.

You say that you know that this is possible. What evidence do you have to support this?

Is this your unit?

http://www.navmanmarine.net/upload/M...6_6k_specs.pdf

Specifications for Explorer 660 | Northstar

The specifications do not mention NMEA 2000.

Comment

Thanks for your time..
      The GPS is a Nortstar 660, GPS + plotter
      the link for the manual is
      Downloads for Explorer 660 | Northstar

I see NMEA is mentioned. Not the 2k but 0183. Are these different?

Comment

[QUOTE=stratis platon;89973]Thanks for your time..
        The GPS is a Nortstar 660, GPS + plotter
        the link for the manual is
        Downloads for Explorer 660 | Northstar

I see NMEA is mentioned. Not the 2k but 0183. Are these different?[/QUOTE]

Completely different.

NMEA 0183 is generally used to transmit GPS data to an MFD.

NMEA 2000 is required to receive, process and display engine data (fuel flow, RPM's, temperature, pressure, voltage, etc.).

Comment

Working...
        X