How do i get more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get more power

Hi all new to the forum and was wondering what the differences are between the p200TLRP and the 225 TLRP?

Can I make the 200 a 225 and if so how?

I have a Pro V 200 on the back of a v bottom ski boat

Thanks in advance Jay

doesnt get much faster than a proV

Comment

just look up all of the parts on both motors and compare them to see which are different.
      Then replace the parts that are different with the ones from the 225

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        just look up all of the parts on both motors and compare them to see which are different.
        Then replace the parts that are different with the ones from the 225
        Thanks captain obvious was wondering if someone had done this prior and was looking for the info they had. No problems Ill take your advice

Comment

how to get more power?
          alter port timing,change the front cover to the verticle reed assy,bore the carbs rejet the carbs and play with different length exhaust tuners.

how to get more power reliably?
          buy the correct motor.

while many motors share similar block designs and displacements sometimes its more money and trouble than its worth to add 25 HP.

your not simply gonna toss in a set of jets and grab 25 HP on a motor already making max HP at 5500 RPM.

remember for every 1 part fuel you MUST add about 14 parts air and EVERYTHING that goes down the intake MUST come out the exhaust.

years ago I had a kid bring me a cam kit for his 71 camero.
          he and his buddy had picked out this super duper rumpty rump cam kit from the hot rod magazine.
          after several hours explain to him why it would not work another shop installed it.
          he brought it back to us and spent another 2500 or so making it work.
          would have been cheaper just to buy another GM longblock and add the extra parts.
          they found that rumpty rump cam simply would not work with a stock q-jet,stock 2:50 gears stock intake stock ex and power brakes.

same with playing with 2 strokes.
          they are already a high performance engine.
          sometimes the HP difference is stupidly simple sometimes its different pistons,different intake and ex port timing and different ex tuner pipes.

most folks posting here have no access to a dyno and could NOT tell you if the modifications they made add or subtract HP.

Comment

Hear Hear, there may not even be any difference in horsepower, its grunt depending also upon propellor and torque curve. Outboards do not have changing gearboxes, and changing conditions acting on the hull influence how quickly if at all it reaches actual maximum horsepower written on the cowl. (ever wondered how outboards are made to exact horsepower ratings e.g. 150, 175, 200, 225, 250, 275......... you can't possibly make engines be this exact, all the time ,ever time... just fiction!!!)

Comment

hi there i have done few F80detl models to F100 and 9hp to 15hp but haven't tried this model i am in sydney too but i reckon it wouldn't be a big issue to do this one ,it is always a challenge to do this as we need to go through all the parts to see which ones are interchangeable among the two engines ,you will have to get two modules of part locator and heaps of time ,and its not impossible
              cheers

Comment

couple it with the 20%+ or- that our NNMA gives and you may have to do nothing but change a decal.
                just did a dufus repower.
                removed a VZ 225 and installed a VF250.
                the reason????????

joe bob bubba out ran him last weekend.

dude we went from 77 MPH or so to about 82 mph at a cost of about 12,000 bucks.
                aint a bass on the lake could catch either one of them.

thank god for idiots and fools, keeps me in a decent income bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  couple it with the 20%+ or- that our NNMA gives and you may have to do nothing but change a decal.
                  just did a dufus repower.
                  removed a VZ 225 and installed a VF250.
                  the reason????????

joe bob bubba out ran him last weekend.

dude we went from 77 MPH or so to about 82 mph at a cost of about 12,000 bucks.
                  aint a bass on the lake could catch either one of them.

thank god for idiots and fools, keeps me in a decent income bracket.
                  So you had a customer bring in a vessl wanting more power, you changed the decal only and charged them a small fortune for It? Where do you work ill buy shares in your company. But i can tell you one thing I wont be bringing my engine to you for any work

Comment

25hp is a bit of a ask but can be achieved never done it but always willing to give it a go contact me iam in sydney
                    cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney Skier View Post
                      So you had a customer bring in a vessl wanting more power, you changed the decal only and charged them a small fortune for It? Where do you work ill buy shares in your company. But i can tell you one thing I wont be bringing my engine to you for any work
                      Can't get more speed by changing decals, he replaced motor for just a gain of a few MPH. but someone with plenty of money probably could care less

Comment

Working...
                      X