engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine problems

Can someone help me please, I have two 2006 250 yamaha four stroke outboards i tried to start them to day for the first time in like 4 months, and they both wont start. I tried pouring a little gas in the intake and I got them to start then, but they only stayed on for like 7 seconds the most. Then they would just shut off, I don't know what to do next .

sounds like your fuel pressure is not getting where it should.

Or the fuel is not any good and you pumping water separated junk into the motors that will not burn

Comment

engine problems

Well I know that the fuel is good because I got a bottle with fresh gas and its still doing the same thing, so don't know what can be the problem.

Comment

ill let 99yamaha deal with this altenator .

Comment

Maybe you should clean out the whole fuel system and test pressures.
          If there is no pressure in the rail then no fuel will hit the cylinders, if there is in spec pressure then maybe the injectors are a problem

But then the injectors are part of the fuel system that should be cleaned and tested

Comment

Engine problems

Yeah I thought it was the injectors Because they won't stay on no longer than 7 seconds.

Comment

if you cannot test things then take it to a Yamaha shop that will do some testing

Comment

Working...
              X