Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 aet / txr 2010 model stalling issues

Hi

After some diagnostic help for my 2010 115 4 stroke. It has been stalling when I come back to idle in gear. Mainly when I come back from say 2500rpm right back to just in gear idle... It idles fine in neutral and at 800rpm. I notice in gear it idles as low as 600rpm. May this be the problem??? I have been doing some reading and spoken to one yamaha mechanic that says it is most likely either of the fuel pumps or fuel pressure reg... I have also heard it could be the vapour separator... Any ideas

A mate also has a 225 that has been doing the same thing for years. On his last service they cleaned the vapour separator and that made it less frequent but it still does it. They should never stall coming back to idle

Cheers
    Dan

Any ideas techs?

Have been doing some more reading and found two with what sounds like the same problem with dirty injectors and a faulty low pressure pump on one..

Is there anything you recommend to run through the fuel to clean the injectors? Just the standard injector clean be fine?

Will do a pressure test on the fuel line to determine if supply is an issue.

When I drop back to low idle does the motor shift only to the low pressure pump?

Comment

I would not suspect the injectors or the fuel pumps if the motor is running fine at all RPM's.

I would investigate the idle air control valve.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I thought it would be hard to locate this problem as it was only occurring occasionally but is now more frequent. I will check the idle air control valve. Is that in the throttle body?

Comment

From what I have read some of the Yamaha's that have sticking IAC valves can overheat the ECU, but not sure about your F115
          You really need to get it taken care of before you need to buy an ECU along with the IAC.

Yamaha shop may be the best way to go

Comment

I went through the IAC sticking - wrecking the ECU problem last year with my 2002 F115.

Interesting you make the comment re a similar issue with a 225, I believe that they share the same IAC as I managed to get a secondhand IAC from a 225 Mercury.

FWIW I did have a similar problem with mine stalling when throttling back but it did not happen that often. In the end the IAC stuck and burned out that part of my ECM.

My suggestion would be get a loan of another IAC and try and eliminate it as a problem.

Cheers Snelly

Comment

Working...
            X