Year of my outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of my outboard

Good day, I am back, sold my old boat with yamahas, had so much problems with the motors and swore never to buy them again, I bought another boat, guess what it has yamahas, BUT this time they are 4 strokes, what I would like to know is what year are these motors. So far they are 60hp , high thrust, the plate reads FT60DET. I have attached a photo of the plate, thanks.
    Attached Files

the H may have something to tell you, but cannot find info on a 6C6 for some reason on the chart I looked at.
    Probably need to find info with serial #

Have you checked with your local Yamaha dealer?
    Seems it is not something from the states so our charts do not list it
    Last edited by 99yam40; 02-20-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The H indicates the particular factory in Japan in which the motor was assembled.

Go around to the other side of the motor and find the sticker that shows the month/year of manufacture. This from the Yamaha US FAQ's:

"How will I know when my outboard was produced? All Yamaha outboards have and will continue to have a production date on the unit. A permanent appliqué is located on the starboard side of the outboard mounting bracket. The appliqué is stamped with the month/year of production for that outboard (ex. 04/07)."

Your particular motor was built sometime in 2009 I believe.

It is a motor for the non-USA market. It is more or less the equivalent of a US model T60TLR.

Comment

follow Boscoe recomendation. I guess he is right!

My files just have info untill 2008 and all with lower S/N than yours (so for sure is after 2008) on the previous models most match with T60TLR and have been manufactured for US/CAN/EU/OCE/JPN

Comment

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X