No announcement yet.

F225TXRC Water Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have all the parts and everything is put together ready to go in to the upper cowling. Except I can't seem to get the water tube connection correct. The new muffler is 69J--14711-21-9S which is different than the old muffler in that the water tube looks sweated into the muffler. This new muffler has a deep cavity for the water tube and the water tube I ordered apparently was the wrong one according to Boats Net customer service. There were two choices and I chose the wrong one apparently. The replacement tube is 6s1-44361-02-00. It seems that there almost has to be a rubber grommet or something to hold the tube firm. I need some expert advise on this please.

Comment

I think I may have found it on page 230 of the service manual it shows a rubber seal much like the one in the pump housing, but I can't find it in the parts catalog. I'll keep looking. Actually that's page 7-9 and 7-14. I have a new rubber seal for the impeller housing and it fits like a glove.
      Last edited by rpambrun; 05-30-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
        I think I may have found it on page 230 of the service manual it shows a rubber seal much like the one in the pump housing, but I can't find it in the parts catalog. I'll keep looking
        Feel for you. Ready to assemble and held up by whatever little part. PIA.

Comment

I have all the parts and everything is put together ready to go in to the upper cowling. Except I can't seem to get the water tube connection correct. The new muffler is 69J--14711-21-9S which is different than the old muffler in that the water tube looks sweated into the muffler. This new muffler has a deep cavity for the water tube and the water tube I ordered apparently was the wrong one according to Boats Net customer service. There were two choices and I chose the wrong one apparently. The replacement tube is 6s1-44361-02-00. It seems that there almost has to be a rubber grommet or something to hold the tube firm. I need some expert advise on this please.

If RB doesn't chime in, I'd give boats net a call and see what you need. You'll have to return the other part anyway...

Might be a tight, push in fit...(updated no doubt)
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I talked to boats net and the guy I spoke with was not too knowledgeable when I told him about how deep the cavity was for the tube. I even sent him some p[pictures with the tube in and with it out. He was going to research it, but I think I found the answer with my spare6E5-44365-00-00 DAMPER, WATER SEAL 1.

Comment

why did you not simply order the correct ex kit?
              it is simple, has everything you need other than bolts. the entire job can be handily done in about 8 hours.
              but you will notice the engine mounting bolts are stupidly expensive.

Comment

I emailed Boats Net before ordering and asked if they had an exhaust kit like Sim Yamaha does and the response I got was that they do not, so I ordered based on the parts list. I thought the response was a little odd since it is a common problem with these motors. I also find it odd that the little rubber sleeve or seal that is referred to in the SM isn't listed in the parts breakdown. At leas I can't seem to find it.

Comment

I emailed Boats Net before ordering and asked if they had an exhaust kit like Sim Yamaha does and the response I got was that they do not, so I ordered based on the parts list. I thought the response was a little odd since it is a common problem with these motors. I also find it odd that the little rubber sleeve or seal that is referred to in the SM isn't listed in the parts breakdown. At least I can't seem to find it.
                  here's the Yamaha mid-section kit listing at ("our sponsor") boats.net

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/MAR-EXHKT-04-00

Yamaha sometimes shows parts in - what I consider - the "wrong" section rather than "where they belong"

without checking,
                  I suspect the seal(s?) for the top of the water tube - i.e. - IN the muffler -
                  may show up in the schematic for the other end -i.e. - with the lower unit / water pump

wish I could be more help about the specifics of that water tube install -
                  but the memory is just too fuzzy...

Comment

Oil change kits are the same.. It's not listed anywhere.

Called, spoke with a knowledgeable rep, got the correct part # and ordered that..
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I emailed Boats Net before ordering and asked if they had an exhaust kit like Sim Yamaha does and the response I got was that they do not, so I ordered based on the parts list. I thought the response was a little odd since it is a common problem with these motors. I also find it odd that the little rubber sleeve or seal that is referred to in the SM isn't listed in the parts breakdown. At leas I can't seem to find it.
                      Both boats.net and simyamaha offer the "Yamaha" exhaust kit (MAR-EXHKT-03-00).

simyamaha has taken an extra step and added a few components to the "Yamaha" kit in order to come up with a "simyamaha" exhaust kit.
                      Last edited by boscoe99; 05-31-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

I believe the #7 in the first diagram is the grommet for the shift rod. I replaced that since the old one was torn. I had a spare of the @1 in the second diagram and #28 in the third and used it with the tube and it fit like a glove. I am 100% sure that is supposed to work that way, but still find it odd that the information is not listed in the parts catalog, or at least those that I've looked at. As soon as the upper bolts arrive, I'll be off to the races. I did not notice that those bolts were too far gone to reuse and they are pricey. Had the old muffler and tube been the same as the new, it would have been a lot easier..
                          Last edited by rpambrun; 05-31-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Finally after getting all the new parts and gaskets, the mid section is put back together with proper torque on all the bolts. I replaced the whole mid section except the oil strainer and the bolts except for upper and lower moundting bolts. After installing the power head and connecting g all of the electrical, I attached a water hose to the water tube while the LU was still off and watched the water pattern as it flowed through the motor and I notice a small trickle of water coming out of the muffler. It wasn't a lot, but just a small trickle and I am thinking that the exhaust is supposed to be dry. I hope this is normal. Hate to think I'd have to go back and find out why.

Comment

I attached a water hose to the water tube while the LU was still off and watched the water pattern as it flowed through the motor and I notice a small trickle of water coming out of the muffler. It wasn't a lot, but just a small trickle and I am thinking that the exhaust is supposed to be dry. I hope this is normal.
                              Probably not really coming from inside the muffler, just appeared that way
                              you had water coming from various holes all around it

Comment

I took a bright flashlight and looked up the muffler and I could see a steady light stream coming down the exhaust pipe and down the muffler. All the gaskets fit nicely and the parts and gasket surfaces were new and clean. I could not see all the way up to determine where it was coming from. I thought I cleaned off the gasket surfaces on the power head, but maybe I missed something that maybe won't let it seal correctly. Damn!

Comment

Working...
                                X