Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha c40tlrx

i have a yamaha c40tlrx and was wondering what prop this motor should
    have on it. my motor idels and starts fine but will never lift and plane out
    very well only get about 10 mph to 15mph out of it on a 17'6 G3 hole just trying to see if i need to put it in the shop or is the prop just wrong ???

Should be turning 5500 at WOT.
    could be motor problem, set up problem, or wrong prop
    what prop you running and what RPM are you getting?
    My C40TLRX pushes my 16' express SV over 30mph at 5500

may be too much boat for a 40, but if you put a prop on it that will allow 5500 it will push it.

Comment

Agree with 99Yam40, might need lower pitch. I have a 15.8' center console, C40TLRX. With full load, weighs probably 1300 - 1400 lbs. Engine would not reach full throttle with 14-pitch. Went to 12-pitch and it does fine, but won't run any more than about 27 mph, light to medium load, usually 25 mph and about 5200 RPM with full load.

Comment

Originally posted by a387673 View Post
        Agree with 99Yam40, might need lower pitch. I have a 15.8' center console, C40TLRX. With full load, weighs probably 1300 - 1400 lbs. Engine would not reach full throttle with 14-pitch. Went to 12-pitch and it does fine, but won't run any more than about 27 mph, light to medium load, usually 25 mph and about 5200 RPM with full load.
        I don't have the props handy to check, was trying to calculate, may have allowed too much slippage...... It may have been that I went from 13 to 11 pitch. In either case, had to step it down 2 to get the revs from the engine with typical load.

Comment

Working...
        X