Carburetor 90 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

float setting

I have 2003 90tlrb looking for the correct float heght setting Manual shows the float is flat on bottom where mine is tapered at the point of measurement and has a different number than mine. 6h107-Qk09 is my carb numbers Any help would be appreciated just want to set them right,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kellydon22 View Post
      I have 2003 90tlrb looking for the correct float heght setting Manual shows the float is flat on bottom where mine is tapered at the point of measurement and has a different number than mine. 6h107-Qk09 is my carb numbers Any help would be appreciated just want to set them right,thanks
      With the carb upside down and the float installed, the float will be resting closed on the needle. Roughly, its pretty much dead level with the BASE of the CARB BODY.

Your measurement should, be with the flat part of the float, not the tappered. Simply putting a float, MM, measuring tool (usually a thin flat white plastic small, mm ruler) next to it should confirm that.

Some settings are made with the float bowl gasket seated (on the carb body), just check for that before you go adjusting any tab's.

If it doesn't mention that, check / adjust without the gasket.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

thanks for reply still not shure about right distance above carb body. Manual shows three different measurements for three diff carb numbers, none of which are the same number i have. thanks

Comment

bump bump bump

Comment

Working...
          X