What's The Best Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Best Paint?

Hey People. I currently have my C85 scattered across the garage. I'm drillin out bolts, and cleanin out the salty corroded water jackets. Lime Away helps alot,Im sure there's better ways. Does anyone know what kind of paint Yamaha uses in the water jackets? Most of it's still intact, amazinly. I just wanna touch it up in spots. The paint has a Blue Gray color. I also would love to find the correct paint for the powerhead once it's assembled. I'd really like to use Yamaha Prod. if possible.
    Thanks, RAT

We can get you the paint that Yamaha recommends for touch up paint for about $30.00 a can (spray aerosol can). We get some made by Tempo Paints that works good, not a perfect match but only cost about $6.00 or $7.00 a can or you can take a part of motor to paint store and they can match color and put it in aerosol cans.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. I'm such a fiend for Gen. Yamaha, I'll probably get the good stuff. Do you know the part#, so I can order online?
      I'm still curious about the paint for the internal water passages. It is definitey different than the external paint. Looks like a dark blue gray primer. That paint is amazing. After cleaning about a half pound of white deposits out of the water jackets, most of the paint looks perfect.
      Thanks again, RAT

Comment

What year is your C85 motor? I don't recondmend painting inside of water jackets it's hard to get paint to stick and the paint can come loose and plug up water passages.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It's a 1992 C85TLRQ. If it's best to leave it alone I will. I just wanna patch it up. If anyone wants a pic of the paint, i'll send one.
          Thanks, RAT

Comment

Working...
          X