Adding Water Pressure Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Water Pressure Gauge

Getting a new F150 on new boat next month. I will be requesting digital gauges, and also a water pressure gauge and separate fuel gauge.
    How easy is it to add the water pressure gauge afterwards if the manufacturer or dealer balk at adding it since I am getting the digital gauges?

I like to always easily be able to see water pressure at a glance so really want a water gauge.
    Thanks in advance.

if you go with command link square and the optional speed water pressure sensors it will be in the package with NO external plumbing.

Comment

There are digital display analog gauges and then there are digital display digital data gauges. You need to verify which of the two types you are getting.

First type is a conventional multifunction gauge. No water pressure reading on it. A needle and dial pressure gauge can be added. Easy to do.

Second type is Command Link. Square or round. With CL, a sensor can be added to the motor to have pressure displayed on the CL gauge. Again, easy to do. Get the square type if you have a choice. More features and functionality.

Read about the gauges here. Also, open a Yam owners manual and read some more about the types of gauges and the features they offer.

Gauges | Yamaha Outboards

Why the second fuel gauge? Yam speedometers have a tank level barscale on them. Maybe a speedometer does not come with the boat?

Comment

yes the two gauge square command link package is about 300 dollars more than the 6y5 digital package.
        however with the twin square command link you also get fuel,speed,total gallons burned since last reset and fuel economy either in MPG or GPH.
        the tach gives about 32 configurations of displayed data.

no need for paddle wheels,pitot tubes and water lines running to the dash.

the command link can also accept speed and time data from a GPS and be networked to display on a GPS.

Comment

Thanks all. I don't have the boat or engine yet - should take delivery in about 3-4 weeks. Just trying to finalize all options, and gauges.
          I have looked at the Yamaha website but wasn't sure about a couple of items.

Question - how easy is it to swap analogue gauges for digital gauges, or Command Link gauges. Is it plug and play?

I was able to do it with my Verado that was rigged originally with analogue gauges. I am fairly technical and can generally do my own maintenance and installations.

Thanks again.

Comment

A Yam conventional multifunction gauge should be plug and play if replacing a Yam analog tachometer. But, with analog gauges if more than a tachometer is installed you will have a hole in the dash where a trim gauge, or voltmeter might have been.

Command Link is altogether different. Go to the rigging layout section in this book and take a look.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

Working...
            X