Do you decarb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you decarb?

How often and what do you use? I have found two methods while internet searching, and alot of opinions on what to use. From what I have read it seeems like a good idea, and any one of the products on the market will get good results.

I use Ringfree all the time, thinking an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, especially on 2 stroke motors....Any problems/repairs on outboards can be Very expensive, so best to take good care of what you have...especially regarding your fuel system!...

Comment

are you asking for a four stroke or two stroke....I would call Yamaha and ask what they recommend...I have been searching (for yamaha four stroke) also due to I bought a used boat so I do not know history...I found a thread on another forum where a recognized shop (SIM yamaha) stated that YAMAHA no longer recommends DECARBONING....he says they recommend running a higher concentration (3 ounces to 10 gallons instead of one ounces to 10 gallons) of ringfree for a full tank and then use it as maintenance after wards...just letting you know...hopefully some of the experts will chime in...there are several guys who are very knowledgeable and HELPFUL...

Comment

Picking up on this again. I was speaking in particular about an older two stroke motor. I sprayed seafoam thru carbs after buying the boat and cleaned out whatever. Was not alot of smoke or junk. Strange that there is no single consistent answer to this question.

Comment

Yamaha Ringfree added to your fuel at the "deposit removal" dosage can remove carbon from the piston rings and their grooves....it was developed by the Oronite Additives Div. of Chevron for Yamaha specifically to address the issue of carbon in outboard motors.....

Comment

seafoam has been around and used a long time by many people.
            Think about it they started out using regular motor oil nixed with the fuel on old 2 strokes. Now a days they have developed a lot better oils for them.

spraying seafoam through the carb throats is not the whole decarb procedure if you read up on it.
            need to run a heavy dose in the fuel and spray into the carbs and spark plug holes, running motor , letting it sit and running over and over till it finally quits smoking

Comment

Working...
            X