150 pro v problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 pro v problem

hello, I have a 1989 pro v 150 yesterday I took it out for the first time yesterday in a couple months I noticed that it was running a little rough at idle and about half throttle and that the water pump stream was a little weak. Also there was a light tapping in the motor. Today I checked my spark plugs and on one side of the motor the plugs had water on them. I figure that I have a blown head gasket on that side of the motor a job that I should be able to do. My question is do you guys have any tips or anything else that I should look at once I get inside there to change out the head gasket?

thanks any help would be greatly appreciated. JOE

if its tapping it can be anything from bearing to conrods to broken rings the guess can be wild ,to be sure you have to find where did the water enter the spark plug in the first place,it dosent have to the head gasket ,since you have low pressure in the water pump you haveto check for blockage that have caused the head gasket to give way maybe start with the water pump and work yourself up to see the problem inception
    cheers

Comment

Working...
    X