1991 proV 200 wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 proV 200 wiring?

I have a 1991 proV 200 that boggs down around 2500 rpm's. Last year i was recieving an alarm and traced it down to the temp sensors. unplugged the grey wire to the temp sensors and it solved my problem. This year it started doing the same thing except my digital tachometer and speedomiter wouldnt turn on. i wiggled the key switch around and the gauges came back on and the motor started running fine again. I am confused by this. I orderd a new key switch hoping this will fix my problem but not sure how the gauges are linked to how the motor runs???

The loose battery warning activates when the CDI does not sense the presence of a battery in the circuit. This may be caused by a loose battery terminal on the battery or engine or a loose fuse causing a momentary break in the power supply.

An intermittent problem with the key switch will do the same given that it is disconnecting/interrupting electrical power to the motor.

If this happens, the warning buzzer will sound and engine speed will reduce to
    about 2000 rpm. All three oil lights will flash.

Hope you reconnected the gray wire to the temperature switches.

Comment

alright, thanks for the reply. if the switch doesnt work i will know where to start troubleshooting now. the temp switches were reconnected

Comment

for a loose battery connection it should NOT flash the oil bars, it will flash the battery icon in the speedo.

alarm and three flashing oil bars indicate sufficient oil in the remote tank for transfer yet a lack of oil in the engine tank.

this will give an audible,all oil indicates flashing and up to 180 seconds of transfer pump operation.

anything that triggers an alarm will give a solid tone audible and RPM reduction.

from there its all about looking at the visual indicates on the tach and speedo.

on most of the 1991 style stuff the battery and overtemp icon was in the speedo not the tach.

on that 1991 motor the audible can be triggered by low engine tank level,overtemp, low battery voltage,cranking with the stop lanyard removed and by the optional water detect.

same exact alarm tone for all the above conditions, difference will be in the visual indicates.

Comment

There weren't any visual indicators coming on at all, all of the gauges were dead so somewhere coming back from the motor there is a break in power, that's why I'm thinking key switch

Comment

and that's why I am thinking its not the switch.
            the power for the alarm comes from the switch.
            if you lost the powerfeed to the switch or from the switch the buzzer would not work.

Comment

Working...
            X