Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Identification

Hi Guys
    Please can anyone assist Im looking for a service manual but first need to ID the motor. Its a Yamaha 60Hp and the only ID / numbers I can find is:
    6H303 Y1
    Can anyone assist?
    Below is also a pic
    Yamaha 60Hp 3 cyl 2 stroke.jpg

Probably a 2000-2003 model, manual number LIT-18616-02-05. can't say for certain.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

From what I can tell a Yamaha with a 6H3 prefix is a 70 HP two stroke.

C70 if pre-mix and 70 if oil injected.

A 60 HP two stroke Yamaha carries a 6H2 prefix.

The same service manual that is used for a 60 is used for a 70 HP two stroke Yam circa 2001. The number that boats.net references is the one.
      Last edited by boscoe99; 02-03-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

where did you find this 6H303 Y1 info at?
        Is it possible parts have been changed out on your motor and that is where you found that #
        Being you are in South Africa there is not a lot of info we can find over here in the USA on motors outside of here so this info provided is a guess from most of us

Comment

Note that all 60 HP models carry a 6H2 prefix whereas all 70 HP models carry a 6H3 prefix. In Canada/US and in the rest of the world.

I am assuming that you got the 6H3 prefix from whatever part of the PID decal remains on the motor.

Comment

kind of why I ask where he found the numbers, but did not know it was the same for all Yamahas

Maybe a clobbered together motor from parts
            Last edited by 99yam40; 02-03-2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X