No announcement yet.

Very slow.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what evolutionary process made this tree so spikey. I suppose back in the dinosaur age they may have been tasty for them to grow these to protect themselves. Nothing would be around now to threaten them.

You also have large spikey cactus down south, Mexico, left over from dinosaur age.

We don't seem to have many if at all native spikey plants, most have been introduced - interesting how flora and fauna varies from continent to continent.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Did 2 racks of pork ribs yesterday
      got to take some with us when we head back up to the farm to cut some more of those t***** trees.( trees with thorns)
      found out the bad ones are Honey Locust I believe.
      nasty thorns on them things
      Yam check out this guy’s cooker. China Box. Roscoe hold your nasty thoughts....

https://www.instagram.com/strictlyyamaha/?hl=en

First couple of series of photos. Never heard of it.

Comment

did not see anything about a china box

Comment

Anybody get to the end of those Instagram pictures! Wonderful collection.

Poor guy, working flat out in his tiny yard in the cold, no time to play, fish or to eat properly. Can only snatch a plain drink or cheap smoke whenever he can on the go trying to make a modest living 24/7. Boss is on his back all the time, his cheap Rollex wearing out from being checked all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
            Anybody get to the end of those Instagram pictures! Wonderful collection.

Poor guy, working flat out in his tiny yard in the cold, no time to play, fish or to eat properly. Can only snatch a plain drink or cheap smoke whenever he can on the go trying to make a modest living 24/7. Boss is on his back all the time, his cheap Rollex wearing out from being checked all the time.
            Seems like a fun dude. Cigars and scotch. Seems to enjoy himself. Self-employed.

All those powerhead swaps. What does a Master Tech do with the blown motors under warranty? Does Yamaha request them to be returned?
            Last edited by pstephens46; 04-24-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

back in the 70s I knew of some auto techs that would save parts that came off of cars out of warranty to turn in on ones still in.
              I WOULD THINK UNDER WARRANTY THE PARTS HAD TO BE SENT IN TO MAKE SURE
              Dang hit the caps lock some how

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Seems like a fun dude. Cigars and scotch. Seems to enjoy himself. Self-employed.

All those powerhead swaps. What does a Master Tech do with the blown motors under warranty? Does Yamaha request them to be returned?
                Usually not. What is Yamaha in Kennesaw going to do with bunches of failed parts? Scrap irony aluminum only brings a few cents per pound. It costs more to ship parts back to Kennesaw than they are worth.

But sometimes when the product is new and new failure modes are being discovered then Kennesaw might, just might, pay to have a failed part sent back to them. Some stuff might even wind up back in Japan.

Normally a dealer has to hold all warranty parts for X number of days. If the parts are not recalled within that time span a dealer can dispose of the junk at his discretion. A bigger question might be is "what are the dealers and their mechanics doing with those failed parts? I suspect that some will get repaired and sold as used/serviceable parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  back in the 70s I knew of some auto techs that would save parts that came off of cars out of warranty to turn in on ones still in.
                  I WOULD THINK UNDER WARRANTY THE PARTS HAD TO BE SENT IN TO MAKE SURE
                  Dang hit the caps lock some how
                  Thought you started yelling for some reason.

Comment

you can tell I look at the keyboard and not the screen when I type

Comment

Anybody watching Hockey?

Comment

why would we do that?
                        we have things to do, like cutting down trees and burning them

Comment

Watching hockey and paint dry. Two of my favorite things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                            Watching hockey and paint dry. Two of my favorite things to do.
                            Hockey is much better in person. Those NHL tickets are expensive. $10 beers.....

Comment

Working...
                            X