Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Yamaha F25 short shaft - power tilt/trim retrofit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Yamaha F25 short shaft - power tilt/trim retrofit?

I own a 2009 Yamaha F25 short shaft outboard on my center console Gheenoe. I would like to know if I can add the factory power trim from the F25 long shaft model, since the short shaft versions did not come with the option of power trim. I do not see why this would not fit, but I have been getting the runaround from Yamaha when I called and asked them. One person told me yes and one told me no. The local dealer seemed like they didn't know and did not care to try it. I do not want to add an aftermarket unit because I already have a jack plate and the aftermarket units would add too much setback. Any help would be appreciated.

if you buy enough parts it will most likely work.
    how much are you willing to spend?

Comment

I can see a yes answer and a no answer.

Yes, it can be done. It is just a matter of how much in parts and labor one is willing to spend. Power trim and tilt unit, new wire harness, trim and tilt relay, power trim and tilt switch (where will you mount it?) etc., etc. By the time that you add all of this stuff up in parts alone you will probably have exceeded the present value of the motor.

No, it is not cost effective to do it. See above.

I see five F25 models that were offered in circa 2009. They are

F25SMHA
      F25LMHA
      F25SEHA
      F25LEHA
      F25LA

Of the three long shaft models only one has power trim and tilt. The F25LA is really a completely different model from the other four models, so in essence your motor in a long shaft version (F25LMHA or F25LEHA) did not come with power trim and tilt. As far as I can tell.

Comment

I just added a Yamaha Tilt/Trim my 2009 F25SEA (short shaft). You have to change the mounting bracket to the one that fits the tilt/trim. Each side cost around $230. Then the cost of the wiring harness, the tilt trim assembly, and some other bolts and bushings. If you do it yourself you will be looking at around 1800 in parts. After I completed the project I realized that I could have taken the money I spent on the project, sold my 2009 F25, and purchased a new one the way I wanted it for almost the same $$$$.

Comment

Working...
        X