Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Square Tachomter quit working

New to the forum
    I have a 2006 Century 2400 CC twin F150, 290 hrs, with the three square gauges, command link multifunction meter. I noticed when I put in last trip, only the Port Tach reads, it's fine, starboard shows -------, no battery, no hours, nothing. I made sure the Tach was reading engine 2. Fuel management is reading consumption for both engines. Not sure where to proceed from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Bob

double check that all the connections at the hub are clean and tight.
    check the engine command link harness is clean and tight.
    the tach is getting power just not displaying data.

Comment

Rerack connectors.

Many times in avionics, the technician with simply unplug and reconnect the connectors. We use trays like the old slide mounts when 8 track and CB radios were in fashion. They have aligned pin connectors.

My girlfriend had an old junk Kia Sportage that was throwing all kinds of codes and fault lights on the dash, poor running and mileage. I simply unplugged every connector under the hood, gave it a shot of electrical contact cleaner, and reassembled it. One at a time.

The faults went away, the mileage doubled, the car ran great.

Bob, use care to ensure that connectors are not damaged when disconnecting them, and make sure that any seals in the connectors are still in position when you put them back together. Thorough workmanship results in reliable repairs.
      If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Working...
      X