Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Identification and Service manual

Hi Guys
    Please can you assist, I have the below motor and need to get a Service manual / download...
    Can you assist with Identifying what model it is ? (I think its a 1992 60F)

Yamaha 60Hp 3 cyl 2 stroke.jpg

You must a stamp/sticker on left side bracket with a code of 3 characters which 1st is a 6 than the motor name and S/N EX: 6H2 60F** S/N

IŽll check for service manual

Comment

Are there additional ID markings?

Additional markings anywhere?

Does Yamaha mark the engine other than the data tag on the bracket?
      I think OMC used to have a freeze plug that was stamped with the serial number. Is there an engine block stamp anywhere?
      If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

The block will normally have a sticker that provides part of the ID information. Black with a white bar that has numbers on it. Usually in the vicinity of the starter motor.

The starter motor itself may have a three character prefix that might correspond to the model of the motor.

Comment

No markings / tags

Hi Guys
          I have looked everywhere and no markings or tags..

Comment

thieves normally remove all the identifying markers on motors they steal so it is harder to get caught with it when selling.

I would not buy one that all id was missing from just because I hate thieves and will not support them or their business.
            I have had too much stuff stolen in my life time.

Some states have motor titles to help with this, meaning you can not legally sell a motor without a title. But they can still sell to people that do not care about being legal

Where did you get this motor?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              thieves normally remove all the identifying markers on motors they steal so it is harder to get caught with it when selling.

I would not buy one that all id was missing from just because I hate thieves and will not support them or their business.

Some states have motor titles to help with this, meaning you can not legally sell a motor without a title. But they can still sell to people that do not care about being legal

Those stickers, two of them, don't just peel off. They can be very difficult to remove. And why would anyone try to do so in the first place.

I am always suspicious when folks say theirs "just accidentally fell off". I suppose if they were stamped into metal but found to be obliterated, then a die grinder "just slipped and accidentally ground them off".

For some reason we say we hate thieves but don't seem to have a problem with people buying stolen property. When it comes to data thieves people really look the other way.

Mr. OP - This is not in any way implying that you have a stolen motor. I don't know.

Comment

A few years ago I had a 60FETO (same as 60TLR on some S/N range) but newer than the one on the pic and had a plate (not sticker like some new models which is not easy to miss) with motor info on the bracket...
                When that plate is missing I guess is intentionally removed!

Here in PRT no title or (invoice if new) same as illegal also

Comment

Motor ID

I purchased a Dean Cat in November and it had the Yamaha Motor on it....
                  The sale agreement also makes no mention of motor ID only "Yamaha 60Hp"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by john1570 View Post

Where did this sale take place?
                      Might go back to them and request some info on the motor

Comment

Good thought. Might want to contact the boat builder with the VIN number to see if they know what motor they installed. If the motor was installed by the boat builder. If the boat builder is still around.

What are the markings that are on the starter motor?

Comment

Seems like I remember the plug wires might have a production date also, could be very wrong on that tho

Comment

Thanx.... will try that.
                            I'm from South Africa, and have the yacht on the Val Dam.

Comment

Working...
                            X