Electric starter assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric starter assembly

So the boat has been sitting for a year and i decided to sell it. The 25HP 4stroke did not start so i took the carburator apart cleaned everything real nice and put it back together.I go to put the electric starter assembly in and the plastic piece that holds the spring in place broke.
    My question is, the part is around 300.00 dollars and i just want to get rid of this boat. Is it hard to replace? I know a running boat has a better selling point then one that needs a bit of work. Thanks for any information.

Complete model identity is needed.

Why was the starter motor removed?

Comment

It's a 2000 Yamaha 25hp 4 stroke. I took the part of so i could get to the carburator, it connects to the top.

Comment

Sorry guys its the prime starter assembly

Comment

Do you mave the exact model to it? I looked for a half an hour at the parts fisch for several different models and couldn't find it..

There would be a parts breakdown under the section above, (in RED) "Purchase Yamaha parts". It should show in there. I did find the Strater for the carb, part #0 in the parts list BUT NOT in the diagram
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
            Do you mave the exact model to it? I looked for a half an hour at the parts fisch for several different models and couldn't find it..

There would be a parts breakdown under the section above, (in RED) "Purchase Yamaha parts". It should show in there. I did find the Strater for the carb, part #0 in the parts list BUT NOT in the diagram
            I think he is talking about item 29 in the illustration linked below

2000 F25ESHY Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

The prime start assembly come out as one piece so I have no idea what plastic piece that holds a spring in place is being discussed.

Unfortunately, the assembly is not repairable. Will have to be replaced.

I am guessing as to his model identity because for some reason it is not being provided.

Comment

Boscoe99 it is part #29. When I went to put it back in a piece did break and the spring does not fit correctly anymore. It seems easy to replace but I wanted to ask more knowledgeable people on the subject. Sorry for the lack of information I was at work today and could not remember the exact model number.

Comment

because if the needle is stuck in the jet OR you pull on the needle it actually pops out and the spring falls out.
                why folks pull on stuff I dunno.
                but if the clip area that holds the needle is broken you have to buy the valve assy.
                and sometimes old plastic exposed to fuel and heat simply breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  I think he is talking about item 29 in the illustration linked below

2000 F25ESHY Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

The prime start assembly come out as one piece so I have no idea what plastic piece that holds a spring in place is being discussed.

Unfortunately, the assembly is not repairable. Will have to be replaced.

I am guessing as to his model identity because for some reason it is not being provided.
                  Thanks fo the claification. I suspect the entire outside plastic housing failed.

+1 on plastic getting brittle with heat, age, etc...

If the broken piece, is in one piece, you may try to epoxy it back together, you have nothing to loose at this point...
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X