Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync carbs on a yamaha 60 hp two stroke 3 cylinder motor

Hi...
    I have the above motor and are having problems. I have striped and cleaned all three carbs but the motor is still not smooth. How do I sync the carbs?

Regards

On the throttle linkages at the carbs, there should be two screws. Disconnect the throttle linkage, then loosen all the linkages and let the carburetor butterflys fully close on ALL three carbs.

Tighten the screws, the throttle blades will all be lined/synced up now. You can then adjust your idle stop screw to adjust the idle speed.

Depending on your engine, their may be an adjustable air screw on the outside of each carb. Slowly adjust each to get the smoothest idle possible...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank you Scot,...will try that...

Comment

you do NOT adjust the fuel mix screws, you set them per the service manual and it works or something else is wrong.
        if its oil injected you must disssconnect the oil link prior to synching carb shutters.
        you must also back off the idle screw so it no longer touches prior to loosening the shutter synch screws.

once the shutters are FULLY closed tighten the top two shutter screws first.
        now proceed to reconnect and properly adjust the oil pump if used.

now move the idle speed screw back to about where it was, record the number of turns you backed it off.
        I typically use 3 turns.

once the engine is at temp and idling you can adjust the throttle pick up.

I doubt this is your problem as it takes a LOT of out of sync to affect anything.

without a model number all I can say is the A/F screws will be about 1.5 turns out from lightly seated.
        over the years they made a 60,E60,C60 and a P60.
        all were slightly different on pick up timing and carb adjustments as well as idle speed.
        best to get the CORRECT Yamaha service manual for your model number.

Comment

Thank you Rod... will look into that.
          Great feedback

Comment

Service manual

Hi Guys
            Please can you assist, I have the below motor and need to get a Service manual / download...
            Can you assist with Identifying what model it is ? (I think its a 1992 60F)

Yamaha 60Hp 3 cyl 2 stroke.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X