Synthetic oil AND ring free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic oil AND ring free

Getting ready to conduct 100 hour service on my yamaha f225....they are 2002 one has 1800 hrs. and one has 100 hours. I recently learned previous owner used mobile 1 synthetic. Do the "experts" suggest i continue with Mobile 1 and if I do do I need to continue to run ring free. I have only put about 100 hours on motor should I do ringfree treatment (shock) first? Just wondering what experts think? Really trying to protect brand new powerhead and also replaced both midsections. Thanks in advance!!

i am not a big fan of using motor oil in outboards.i like to stick to marine oils.the ring free is a gas additive and keeps the engine carbon free,it works.my spark plugs at the end of the year had a little black color on them,now they are like new i would add a gas stabilizer like star-tron to the tank.i use both all year.

Comment

I always use stabil fuel additive....have used ring free some but not ALL the time, so was just checking what people thought. I change my oil strictly at 100 hour intervals, and was wondering if the "synthetic" oil were better than dino oil. I would still change every 100 hours even with synthetic. Someone had just told me that ringfree was not needed with synthetic oil because they do not leave Carbon deposits like dino oil, just trying to find out if there is ant truth. If no one chimes in, I will continue with dino oil and ringfree!

Comment

i was thinking of using the yamaha marine synthetic oil ,but i change the oil every fall with less than 100 hrs.the synthetic would be a little over kill.i would not leave any oil in the motor over the winter.

Comment

Working...
        X