Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 70etln

hello
    I have a 70hp yamaha bought in England. I want to install a tachometer and a speedometer want to know if the model: 6Y5-8350T-82-00 to 6Y5-83570-S5-00 shall be compatible with my outboard.
    the charging system and ignition coil on boats.net l is the same with yamaha 70 etln.
    I do not know how many poles have this outboards has three or six?
    thanks
    please help me with the answer if you know.
    a good day
    Last edited by iopsiops; 01-23-2014, 07:02 AM.

We don't have any information on models outside the US, not sure which tach would work. If your motor has a four wire trim sender then the US model digital tach Trim display wont work(only works on 2 or 3 wire senders)
    If your motor has 2 square 4 prong off white colored connectors on engine then use 6YR-W0035-E1-00 Tach rig kit(includes wiring needed) and 6Y5-83570-S5-00 speedometer.
    If your only has one square connector then use 6YR-W0035-E3-00 Tach kit and 6Y5-83570-S5-00 speedometer.
    The 70 2 stroke models here has a 6 pole alternator.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The speedometer does not know or care about the motor type.

The tachometer does. Latest tachometer for your model motor, presuming that it is pre 2005, is the dash 83 tachometer. But yes, if you can find a -82 tachometer it will work.

If this is a completely new installation you might want to consider buying a tachometer kit. It will have the harnesses that you need to make the necessary connections.

The tachometer will be set to the six pole setting for your model.

Cheers.

Comment

Good point about the four wire sender. An adaptor harness might be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          We don't have any information on models outside the US, not sure which tach would work. If your motor has a four wire trim sender then the US model digital tach Trim display wont work(only works on 2 or 3 wire senders)
          If your motor has 2 square 4 prong off white colored connectors on engine then use 6YR-W0035-E1-00 Tach rig kit(includes wiring needed) and 6Y5-83570-S5-00 speedometer.
          If your only has one square connector then use 6YR-W0035-E3-00 Tach kit and 6Y5-83570-S5-00 speedometer.
          The 70 2 stroke models here has a 6 pole alternator.
          good evening
          My outboard is produced in 1998 but is identical to model 70 etln us.
          I bought and parts on us for years and it works flawlessly.
          trim sender is 4 wire.
          model 70 etln us how many poles have?
          http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...ETO/parts.html
          thanks
          Last edited by iopsiops; 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Then it would probably be this, If your motor has 2 square 4 prong off white colored connectors on engine then use 6YR-W0035-E1-00 Tach rig kit(includes wiring needed) and 6Y5-83570-S5-00 speedometer.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
              Then it would probably be this, If your motor has 2 square 4 prong off white colored connectors on engine then use 6YR-W0035-E1-00 Tach rig kit(includes wiring needed) and 6Y5-83570-S5-00 speedometer.
              And if your motor has bullet leads from the trim sender and bullet leads for the oil and temperature warning lamps then use the kit mentioned above plus these adaptor harnesses.

6H0-ADPKT-93-94 YAMAHA L3 ADAPTER 93-94 $49.05

Comment

thank you very much for your information
                last week I buy this kit: 6y5-2818r-41.
                it is kit for fuel management. this kit works with speedometer.
                Now I must buy this speedometer.
                have ideea this speedometer 6Y5-83570-S5-00 or this 6Y5-83570-S6-00 works with my kit management fuels?
                thank you

Comment

The 6Y5-83570-S6-00 speedometer has replaced or will replace the S5-00 speedometer.

Either the S5 or the S6 will work. Separately or when interfaced with your Fuel Management Meter (FMM) so that speed information is provided by the speedometer to the FMM should you wish to do this.

Or, the FMM can be provided with a GPS speed into from a GPS.

For full functionality of the FMM you will need to supply it with a speed input.

Comment

thank you
                    good informations

Comment

Working...
                    X