Need help with hydraulic steering on F90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with hydraulic steering on F90

I have a 2006 F90 with Teleflex mechanical steering. Im sick of the steering rod sticking in the tilt tube. Considering going with hydraulic to eliminate this but have some questions.

Seems like front mount cylinders are the most common, these still mount in the tilt tube and it looks to me that they need to rotate in the tube when raising the motor. Is this right? Any fear of the cylinder mount seizing in the tube and binding when raising the motor? Will I still have to pull it apart every few years and clean/grease it to keep it free?

Really looking for a low maintenance setup (maintenance free If possible). Are there any other balanced cylinders that mount to the transom somewhere and go directly to the motor where the drag link attaches? Id like to avoid using moving parts in the tilt tube all togeather if possible. Any suggestions?

My hydraulic steering cylinder mounts to the front of the engine mount bracket and has a linkage to the steering arm. It does not go through the tube.

I'd have to look it up to advise what system I have, but rest assured that it is out there.
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Working...
    X