New tachometers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tachometers required

My tach's are sun and age damaged, I assume. The displays are mottled, dim LCD's, and at night are just horrible as the black segments are almost translucent.

I am running a pair of SX/LX 150TXRY's (year 2000 150HP ox66's)

What is the correct "plug and play" parts numbers for replacement ordering from boats.net?

I have conflicting information. An email from boats dated last year calls out for 6Y5-8350T-83-00 and while my SX150TXRY IPC does not show METER in the category's both the SX200TXRY and the SX150TLRY indicate p/n 6Y5-83500-T2-00.

I just want to ensure that everything goes smooth.

Additionally, I have the four gauge suite and have replaced the SPEEDOMETER with p/n 6Y5-83570-S6-00 I/A/W the prior email from boats.net and intend to complete the suite with the FMM as finance permits. (If I remember correct, boats.net gives free shipping over $250 in CONUS so I pick up a gauge and throw in some other needed parts)

Email below 23MAR2013

Hello,
    I sincerely apologize for any confusion. After some research, I have located the part, you are requesting, for your engine. Below I have listed the part number/ description/ and price. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. We greatly appreciate your business.

6Y5-8350T-83-00 - TACHOMETER ASSY (RND) -

6Y5-8350F-01-00 - FUEL MANAGEMENT METER -

6Y5-83570-S6-00 - SPEEDOMETER ASY (RND) -
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

The 6Y5-8350T-T2-00 tachometer has been replaced several times by updated versions.

The 6Y5-8350T-83-00 is the latest dash number for 2004 and earlier model Yamaha motors.

2013-MRP-Catalog

6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY $233.75

Comment

Gracias

Thanks Boscoe,
      Once again your assistance is greatly appreciated.
      Have a great week!

Comment

Plug n play FMM

I got a tach last week from boats.net, and golly what a difference! Compared to the one next to it, a great improvement. I will replace the other tach, but next I want to change the FMM this time.

In my initial post, I clipped an exerpt from a boats.net email to me advising the part numbers. I already have the new speedometer, and one new tach.

Could someone confirm what P/N for the Fuel Management Gauge for my circa 2000 set up on twin SX/LX 150TXRY's

I tried a search for the FMM from the previous email (p/n 6Y5-8350F-01-00) on boats.net and it didn't find any results. I see other variations and I referred to the 2013MRP that Boscoe turned me on to. I only see the 6Y5-8350F-00-00. Is this what I want for my original year 2000 factory set up?

Another question, Is there a way to put trace battery voltage to the speedometer to retain the clock memory

Thank Y'all, Have a good evening!

Had to use the word "Golly" because the censors don't like the word W O W!

Comment

as long as you don't turn off the battery switch use the red wire from the ign switch.

I would not recommend a straight wire from the battery.

Comment

2013-MRP-Catalog

6Y5-83500-F1-00 is the latest part number.

If you do have to run a dedicated wire from the battery to the FMM just remember that it needs to be protected with either a fuse or circuit breaker, as close to the battery as you can put it.

Comment

Thanks again Boscoe99 and Rodbolt,

Boscoe, I see where I missed that single round gauge on page 2-2. I was looking at the twin engine kits on 2-17 and extracted the other gauge p/n from the kit list. I'm glad I asked and you were there for me to back me up.

Rodbolt, Thank you for advising against connecting power direct from the battery.
              Just so happens, in October I installed a small memory bus from bat1 up to the console to hold the memory for the stereo. I ran a single #10 awg and I have it fused right at the battery with a 1amp blade in a watertight holder. Turns out my Korean made west stereo actually draws quite a bit (300ma at the fuse holder) through that little yellow wire , and I'll have to check again, but I believe when I shut the house power to that stereo, it back feeds a little more through that circuit . So sitting on a trailer for a few weeks, it saps me down to recharge requirements. I started pulling that fuse. I had a spare battery switch laying about, so I recently wired it in to give me 1) memory bus, 2) house power, or BOTH. The memory leg (1) also has the bilge automatic fused in separately at the added switch.

So, if I were to disconnect the SPEEDOMETER RED wire from the harness and tie it to my memory bus, would everything still work correctly? I'm reading that that the red wire in the harness will stay energized when ever the battery power is switched on to the engine. I'm learning more every day by asking questions and getting your expert answers. Sincerely, thank you all so much.

Comment

yes, that red wire in the harness will remain hot anytime the battery is connected or the battery switch is on regaurdless of keyswitch position.

Comment

Working...
                X