Source for marine grease zerk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for marine grease zerk?

Where do I source marine grade Zerk (Nipple, Grease) for our beloved engines.
    The parts diagram calls out p/n 93700-06M03-00 but then has it listed OBSOLETE

Can I, well, should I go to Discount Auto and get one off the tie rod end of a 57 Ford Desoto?
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Obsolete? Not at all. Still being used on the very latest models from Yamaha. If not from boats.net then contact any other Yamaha dealer. They can get it.

Comment

I'm sure they are still available

Thank's Boscoe,

I was sure that they were still available, its just that they don't seem available under that part number from Boats.

I did drop the p/n into the .net search box, and again, they are listed as unavailable.

I'm pretty sure that there is an acceptable replacement yamaha p/n. Like you said, they are used fleet wide and I don't anticipate a new technology coming along like teflon carbon fiber lifetime tilt pivot tubes.

Anyone? Buhler?

What is the thread dia and pitch, I'd imagine they are metric. Are they stainless steel?

Comment

The problem seems to be that boats.net does not want to carry or sell them. There is no alternate part number. The P/N is good, just not available from boats.net

Here is another online Yamaha dealer that will sell them. I would not ordinarily refer someone to another online Yam dealer but will make an exception in this case given they are not being sold by boats.net.

Comment

Thank you,

Comment

Working...
          X