X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round gauge question.

This is my current set up:
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Tachs are fine, I am having issues with the Fuel Management and speed gauge. If I remove both of these gauges, can I just add this one? ie - will this one new gauge take the place of the two gauges that I currently have?

[IMG][/IMG]

Will it be a plug and play type of set up? I am running 2001 HPDI 150's
    Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
    Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

You can use the combo speed/fuel meter but it you will have reduced functionality. The one combo meter won't do what the two separate meters will do. And then you will have a hole in the dash.

What are the problems you are having? Speedometers that use pitot tube water pressure inputs can be a bit problematic but otherwise both the FMM and the Speedometer are very reliable.

Comment

The digital displays are shot on both. The Econ also give me incorrect data (it used to be correct, and I have not done anything different).

Comment

I have the same problem. Speedometer was the worst, then Stb tach, port tach, and least mottled is my econo.

At night they are just horrible.

Boats.net gives free shipping over 250.00. So when I have a spare two fifty, I get one at a time and throw in a few needed or desired parts. This last year I have only bought one. ***, what a difference.

I toyed with the one trying to replace the polarized film, that wasn't it, then the silver stuff, I tried reflective window tint, not much better. Last was a translucent white vinyl, that looked real promising. But as I would have it, my last reassembly I killed the conductive rubber contacts to the LCD. I do think it would have worked though.

When I get the next two fifty, I'll try again with the worst tach. I may have a little cottage industry in 2014. Something to do in my time off.

(sensored above is the horrible word "w o w" another abhoration is the word that is the sum of 14 +1) This cracks me up!
        If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Is the hook up for this a match? Will I be able to connect this one gauge to the system that I have now, or will I have to manipulate the wiring somehow? Buying one gauge will be a savings over buying two gauges. I have to replace them/it anyway.

Comment

For the speedometer and the FMM it will be plug and play.

When it comes to the tachometers it will be plug and play if you get the right one. Look at the back. Are there one or two four pin nylon connectors being used? Whatever type that you have now just get that type it when it comes to buying a replacement.

Comment

Working...
            X