Yamah 150HP Engine warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamah 150HP Engine warning

Hi i have a 150HP Yamaha outboard and on random days the engine light blinks. It blinks 3 times and then 7 times and then repeats continually. It doesn't do it every time i go out. The motor has always been regularly serviced and i am not having any issues. Does anyone know what these flashes mean. Thanks

can we get a model number?
    there were a lot of 150 HP yamahas built in the past 25 years.
    some four stroke, some EFI some with carbs and the SMART system.

Comment

Sorry it's a 4 stroke F150AET. Let me know if you need any other info, thanks

Comment

F150 AETO indicates its a four stroke 150 made for the NON US market.

your getting a code 37.
        incorrect idle speed control signal.
        could be an air leak someplace.
        you would need to monitor both the ISC and the baro pressure.
        can also be an incorrect linkage adjustment.

Comment

What kind of engine light is blinking diagnostic codes? Where is that light located?

Are you talking about a winky blinky, is this a standalone light, or is it part of some tachometer? Curious.

By the way, an F150AET1 was provided to the US market several years ago. It is the equivalent to the F150TR, also sold in the US market. It is listed in the Yamaha US parts catalog.

There are rules and then there are exceptions to those rules.

Comment

Thatnks for info guys

Yes it is non-us i am located in Australia.

The engine warning indicator is located on the tachometer.

I may have to get someone to look at it as i have no idea what to check.

Comment

the AET was NEVER offered to the US, hasn't passed EPA standards.
              the AET1 was.
              whats the difference? I don't know but enough to have a separate model designation.

the code should be stored in the ECU however you probably wont be able to diagnose why its thrown a code unless the tech can make it an active code.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                the AET was NEVER offered to the US, hasn't passed EPA standards.
                the AET1 was.
                whats the difference? I don't know but enough to have a separate model designation.

the code should be stored in the ECU however you probably wont be able to diagnose why its thrown a code unless the tech can make it an active code.
                The worldwide rigging guide shows the 63P F150AET, F150TR, F150AET1X and F150A to all be the same motor. Or, so I think.

Rod, what tachometer has an indicator light that flashes codes? Command Link scrolls a message. Did the analog tachometer with lights do this using the oil or over temp warning lamps? Did the multi-function tachometer with the check engine icon flash the icon to do this? First I have heard of it. There is always something different.

Comment

some of the older tachometers and V6 smart and V76 motors would actually blink codes.
                  I don't know if the modern US market stuff will. I have never seen it.

I have limited training and knowledge of the NON US market stuff.

I did find a south American 250 BETO, supposedly the same as our SX250,
                  is no where close as it has NO O2 sensor.

that means at a minimum the ECU and wiring harness is different.

The VST was the same .

Comment

Working...
                  X