No announcement yet.

F80 A/F mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what percent ethanol are they made to run on there in Brazil?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      what percent ethanol are they made to run on there in Brazil?
      I wish that I knew. Hopefully, someone in Brazil can check their owner's manual and see if there is a maximum specification.

Comment

Yamaha Outboards that I know have 4 factories:
        2 Japan
        1 France
        1 Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
          Yamaha Outboards that I know have 4 factories:
          2 Japan
          1 France
          1 Brazil
          Today's news to me was that Yamaha builds some motors in Brazil. I knew about Japan and France but not Brazil.

Seems that six different models are made in Brazil, for Brazilians. Can you confirm that?

Comment

Factories - Consumer Products | YAMAHA MOTOR CO., LTD.

50 years since the birth of the first Yamaha Outboard - Yamaha Motor UK
            (this one refer to 5 factories)

http://www.supratechnic.com/web/imag...s/news_27c.pdf
            (this one refer to 4 factories)

" Yamaha Motor da Amazonia Ltda" Brazil

What models they produce I dont know...

Comment

I´m not in Brazil or USA

Found that pic more than 1 year ago and but don’t remember where

My mechanic uses a vacuummate to REsync carburettors but I don’t know how he tuned the A/F mix (how is that procedure done?)

Comment

Boscoe
                once you have been doing this longer than you care to.
                AND you actually work out conus.
                you may understand that similar motors are radically different.
                my wifes families boat in VE.
                says OX66 on the hood.
                I think it says 225AETO.

OX66 tells me its got an O2 sensor?
                RIGHT.
                \
                NOPE
                no O2 sensor on that OX66 motor.

over the years working in marinas in VE I have seen some odd stuff from the non US market stuff.

I gotta ask, if the carb is an EPA model , where are you getting your specs?

Comment

I certainly understand that what may appear to be similar motors (US versus non-US) may in fact have some differences. Unfortunately, without having access to the applicable parts catalog there is no way to tell for sure the differences and the commonalities.

However. It is not uncommon to find two different models that are one and the same motor. That is, they are identical with the exception of the graphics on the sticker and the PID number. Apparently, at the end of a particular production line Japan puts a US identity on some of the production and a non-US identity on others of the production.

For instance, a non-US F300BET is the same as a US F300CA/F300BET1. See the table below.

Now when it comes to sourcing their parts, any Yamaha user needs to gain access to the Yam parts book for his particular model to find the precise part number. When that P/N is known the applicable part can be purchased from boats.net if the owner chooses to do so.

Comment

I have a file with models manufactured between 1970 and 2008 for USA/CAN/EUR/OCE/JPN/OTH and most of the time the US models match with the "world" models... To make sure always need S/N

Example on the attachment
                    Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

It is unfortunate that we here in the US don't have access to the worldwide parts book. It is then difficult to determine parts usage on non-US models that are here in the US. I have borrowed Mr. allaboards' diagram to show how it can be compared the Yam US parts book. We get abbreviated data whereas those with the worldwide parts book get complete information.

Comment

If you get a match on a US and non-US models the parts # must be exactely the same.
                        On those models that dont match (I guess that must be just a few/little electric/mechanical or other diferences) all other parts must match (its my guess, not sure)
                        I dont imagine Yamaha manufacturing a complete diferente motor on same power range for a specific place (but not impossible)

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                          Boscoe
                          once you have been doing this longer than you care to.
                          AND you actually work out conus.
                          you may understand that similar motors are radically different.
                          my wifes families boat in VE.
                          says OX66 on the hood.
                          I think it says 225AETO.

OX66 tells me its got an O2 sensor?
                          RIGHT.
                          \
                          NOPE
                          no O2 sensor on that OX66 motor.

over the years working in marinas in VE I have seen some odd stuff from the non US market stuff.

I gotta ask, if the carb is an EPA model , where are you getting your specs?
                          Your points are well taken.

What I do is not to try to compare one model type (one OX66 to any other OX66). Rather, get the PID prefix and use that to work off of. I suspect that the OX66 motor without the O2 sensor will have a different PID prefix than will the OX66 motor that does have an O2 sensor.
                          Last edited by boscoe99; 01-07-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Allaboard,

What is the complete identity of your F80? More specifically, does it start with 67G?

Thanks.

Comment

Have a look on attachments

According my files 60F is a 200HP and the 60Y is 225 HP

on 60Y2 is as Z250 for World and Z225 for US/CAN but I belive that must be typo

Found other VZ200TLR with prefix code 6P5 manufactured in years 2005, 2006 and 2007

Never heard/read about an F80 with diferent code than 67G

This is getting more confusing... lol
                              Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

In fact is not more confusing...
                                We have to look carefully to the right table to confirm if the model was build to...... or ....... all etc
                                Cant confuse Model name with models out of US/CAN

Comment

Working...
                                X