Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F100 water pressure/temperature and oil pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F100 water pressure/temperature and oil pressure.

On the F100AET/F100TLR just have 1 plug for the water pressure sensor and water temperature sensor, right?

If so, I have to choose 1 of the the 2 above or is any other place here I can feat the sensor to have both?

Can a single oil pressure tach/gauge be connected to the oil pressure switch assy/sensor and maintain it connected to Yamaha tach to keep de alarm? (I’m almost sure that not) To do that I guess I must change the sensor for one that do both but then I’m not sure if will keep working with the Yamaha tach/alarm… (nothing serious on this, just a thought)

Thanks!

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
    On the F100AET/F100TLR just have 1 plug for the water pressure sensor and water temperature sensor, right? Yes
    If so, I have to choose 1 of the the 2 above or is any other place here I can feat the sensor to have both? Yes. However

Teleflex makes a bracket that can be used to attach a temperature sensor so that the sensor is in contact with the block. You could install something like this. Just keep in mind that you are actually measuring block temperature and not direct water temperature. I used one on my Mercury and it worked as well as the Yamaha temp sender worked on my Yamaha.

Can a single oil pressure tach/gauge be connected to the oil pressure switch assy/sensor and maintain it connected to Yamaha tach to keep de alarm? (I’m almost sure that not) To do that I guess I must change the sensor for one that do both but then I’m not sure if will keep working with the Yamaha tach/alarm… (nothing serious on this, just a thought)

Not real sure what you are wanting to do. A switch closes with low oil pressure to (1) activate the buzzer, (2) put the motor into RPM reduction mode and (3) illuminate a light or activate an icon depending upon the type of Yamaha tachometer installed, if such a tachometer is even installed.

Some folks have installed a T fitting to the block in place of the low pressure switch. One side of the T is used to reinstall the switch. The other side is to install a pressure sensor (say a Lowrance EP-90R) so as to get oil pressure displayed on a chart plotter. Is this what you want to do?

Thanks!
    Last edited by boscoe99; 12-29-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Boscoe!

Thanks...

Can you post a link where I can find that teleflex bracket or a part # to google it please?

I have the 6Y5-8350T tach and want to keep all functions here, than maybe (or not) add a separated oil pressure gauge.
      Thought if would be possible connect the separated oil pressure gauge to the original oil pressure switch (what I thought not be possible) Than tought about trade the original oil pressure switch by one that could be used by 6Y5-8350T tach functions (buzzer etc) and on a oil pressure gauge... but... you provide me a better solutiuon. A simple T fitting will solve this and keep the original oil pressure switch and all functions on the tach. Sometimes things are so easy and we just can´t see it.

Thanks

Comment

Lowrance EP-90R would be a nice option but my motor is not NMEA 2000 capable ( 2004) so dont have interest have just the oil pressure displayed on my Garmin 720S and not other motor data.

Thanks

Comment

Lowrance EP-90R would be a nice option but my motor is not NMEA 2000 capable ( 2004) so dont have interest have just the oil pressure displayed on my Garmin 720S and not other motor data.

Thanks
          A motor does not have to be NMEA 2000 capable to use the EP-90R. You just use the device in connection with an NMEA 2000 network to an NMEA 2000 device.

All the device is getting from the motor is oil pressure.

Comment

Hi Boscoe!

Thanks...

Can you post a link where I can find that teleflex bracket or a part # to google it please?

I have the 6Y5-8350T tach and want to keep all functions here, than maybe (or not) add a separated oil pressure gauge.
            Thought if would be possible connect the separated oil pressure gauge to the original oil pressure switch (what I thought not be possible) Than tought about trade the original oil pressure switch by one that could be used by 6Y5-8350T tach functions (buzzer etc) and on a oil pressure gauge... but... you provide me a better solutiuon. A simple T fitting will solve this and keep the original oil pressure switch and all functions on the tach. Sometimes things are so easy and we just can´t see it.

Thanks

All I could find is a West Marine site that talks about the temperature gauge installation kit. It mentions a bracket.

TELEFLEX Gauge Set at West Marine

The bracket supplied in the kit was affixed to the motor using a bolt on the motor. The bracket holds the sender. Paint is scrapped from the block where the sender will contact it. Between the sender and the block a heat transfer compound was used to facilitate heat transfer from the block to the sender.

It would be easy enough to fabricate your own bracket that could hold a Yamaha temperature sender. At least the gauges would match.

Comment

Working...
            X