Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do with a pile of yamaha parts motors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do with a pile of yamaha parts motors?

My friend and I were gifted 3 Yamaha 90's and a lower foot that are parts motors. They lived in salt water and show it. I am sure that there are good parts to be salvaged. My question is would you think disassembling them and selling the individual parts (say on ebay) is worth the time and effort, or should we just remove the basic parts and sell them on social media (forums, fb marketplace, letgo, etc.)?

Should be a healthy market for these items....as long as you can identify them and market them to the right buyers....through E-bay or similar......maybe make a list of each item with the year, model, price range....

Comment

I agree with robert ^^^. The more details you can provide for each part (part number, year, model) the more likely each part will sell. Listing on ebay allows for a much wider geographical audience versus say craigslist, therefore a higher probability of sale. Ebay also provides the buyer with certain protection from scammers, whereas social media does not. With that said, I'd list the parts on multiple online venues
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

If you could run a pressure test on that foot and it passes, then that fact should increase it's sales ability and price.....

Comment

Thanks guys. I have a good ebay account and had thought about detailing the parts out as we remove them from each motor and sell them. I have a business and after weighing the time vs reward in parting them out, my friend and I sold the lot for $300 to a fella with more free time than either of us have.

I appreciate the suggestions and help.

Comment

Brings up an interesting topic. Would it be feesable to add a “for sale” section to this forum? Would people use it?

Just for new or used Yamaha outboard parts, props, rigging?

Comment

Originally posted by JerEazy2 View Post
              Brings up an interesting topic. Would it be feesable to add a “for sale” section to this forum? Would people use it?

Just for new or used Yamaha outboard parts, props, rigging?
              I doubt the owner of this site, Boats.net, would be interested. They want to sell their stuff.

Comment

You can put them on bbc and on there swap board. It gets alot of trafic.

Comment

They already got rid of them so that is solved.
                  but selling parts of unknown condition to people no matter where or how is a major problem when they come back at the seller as defective.
                  not worth the trouble unless the parts can be verified as good before selling,
                  and can be marked so you can id them if they are returned.
                  but them most say no returns on electrical

Comment

Working...
                  X