9.9 tiller to remote conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 tiller to remote conversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm going to convert my 2008 T9.9GPLH to remote. I have not removed the tiller yet, but I can't see a 10 pin connector plug for the 703 remote cable. Does anyone know where it is or if it exists.
    Thanks

it does not exist on that model.
    if your trying to make a remote electric start out of a manual tiller you will find its crazy expensive.

Comment

This motor is an electric start, Power tilt and Yamaha sells a conversion hardware kit for the controls. If there is no 10 pin connector, I guess I would need to cut the cable and splice the wires using bullit connector like the tiller controls are. I don;t see how that would be that difficult. There are only the tilt switch, starter button, and the kill switch. That should be 7 wiles at most.

Comment

Good luck with your project. Conversion kits from Yamaha, especially regarding 9.9 HP motors, is very ambiguous.

This page from the Yamaha Rigging Guide indicates the components needed to convert a 2008 and later F/T9.9G model to a remote control configuration.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Note that the penultimate item is a wire harness.

69G-82590-00-00 YAMAHA WIRE HARNESS ASSY $207.09

Comment

Thanks for all the Info. Nowhere is mentioned about the new wiring harness. I guess that is why I can't see the connector anywhere on the motor. You think if you buy conversion hardware and you are all set. As for the $207 harness, I can buy an 703 extenison cable for a fraction of the cost on ebay. I can cut the cable in half and make my own harness. I will have the factory connector coming out of the motor. Once I have successfully have the completed conversion, I will post all the parts and cost so anyone else considering this venture will know what they are getting into.
          Once again thanks to those that responded to the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasgi View Post
            Thanks for all the Info. Nowhere is mentioned about the new wiring harness. I guess that is why I can't see the connector anywhere on the motor. You think if you buy conversion hardware and you are all set. As for the $207 harness, I can buy an 703 extenison cable for a fraction of the cost on ebay. I can cut the cable in half and make my own harness. I will have the factory connector coming out of the motor. Once I have successfully have the completed conversion, I will post all the parts and cost so anyone else considering this venture will know what they are getting into.
            Once again thanks to those that responded to the post.
            What does this mean? It says right in the Yamaha rigging guide that the harness is a requirement.

A tiller handle motor does not need the use of need the ten pin connector. The remote does. So, as part of the conversion the harness is added.

It was you that came here looking for the parts list. It was provided and you bitch about the cost.

Sorry I even responded to your post.

Comment

Working...
            X