2007 Yamaha 50 hp stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yamaha 50 hp stalling

I have a 2007 50 hp yamaha 2 stoke and it will occasionally stall when going from idle to accelerate, then die out. When it does accelerate it runs perfect at WOT and it does not do it every time. The fuel is good and there is no water in the fuel. Any thoughts on what this might be?

it seems like you have a plug thats playing up change the plug and it should be alright

Comment

when was the last filter changing/cleaning and fuel pump replacement.
      next time just before you accelerate pump the primer.
      if the problem goes away its most likely a fuel pump.
      a single plug failure wont cause a stall on a 3 cyl engine.

Comment

I have recently changed the fuel filter and have tried squeezing the bulb while accelerating and that did not help the problem. When it does not stall out it seems like there is a small delay before it will take full throttle.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Well, I always preach ethanol issues with two strokes since I've had my belly full. The carburetors have two jets, one for idle and one for running. The pilot, or idle jet, is smaller and more easily clogged. While our '05 was built for ethanol, I found the dealer rigged lines and bulb were not and paid the price. Then later endured a repeat due to contaminated old gas.

As posted in other threads, Our 90 TLR had the same symptoms and now through vigilant attention to fuel, has run like a champ. I clear the boat of all fuel before putting away for more than a week. I empty the bowls and pump all fuel out and into the car. I rigged a $26 automotive electric in-line fuel pump to a 12 volt plug with fuel hose and Yamaha fuel connector. I also drain the water separating fuel filter and turn our portable 12 gallon tank upside down with lid off so it evaporates bone dry. No fuel, no fuel to go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by throrope View Post
            Well, I always preach ethanol issues with two strokes since I've had my belly full. The carburetors have two jets, one for idle and one for running. The pilot, or idle jet, is smaller and more easily clogged. While our '05 was built for ethanol, I found the dealer rigged lines and bulb were not and paid the price. Then later endured a repeat due to contaminated old gas.

As posted in other threads, Our 90 TLR had the same symptoms and now through vigilant attention to fuel, has run like a champ. I clear the boat of all fuel before putting away for more than a week. I empty the bowls and pump all fuel out and into the car. I rigged a $26 automotive electric in-line fuel pump to a 12 volt plug with fuel hose and Yamaha fuel connector. I also drain the water separating fuel filter and turn our portable 12 gallon tank upside down with lid off so it evaporates bone dry. No fuel, no fuel to go bad.
            +1 100% re the fuel collecting moisture, varnishing up the carbs, going stale within a month.

When I re-rigged with an F150 back in 07 I found my 50 gallon fuel tank (under deck) had some moisture in it since it was from 1997. Besides switching to NON-ethonol fuel, to eventually burn off the water, found a product that does actually work. It doesn't remove the moisture per say, but keeps it mixed with the fuel and DOESN'T SEPARATE. It eventually gets burned off.

With my F150, it sips fuel and takes me quite awhile to burn thru large amounts of fuel. I can say, from experiance, when I drain the fuel / water separator, there is NO water visable, and the fuel smells and looks BRAND NEW. The engine runs better now than when new... I've been running it for well over two years now, NO issues with fuel anymore...

Its not cheap but does indeed work stabilizing fuel for up to two years..

K100: K100 Fuel Treatment
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-08-2014, 08:49 PM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X