F115 gas in oil/water in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 gas in oil/water in oil

I am still breaking in my F115 (5 hrs. so far). I got curious and did a search on the F115 using this site. It seems that it is very common to get gas and water in the oil of this engine. I am very disappointed to hear about the problems others have had with my engine. Is this still a problem or has Yamaha addressed the issues?? Mine is a 2005 model, but made 10/04. I am also wondering if there is a way to filter the fuel down to 5 microns, as opposed to the Yamaha standard of 10 microns.

pb
    Check your oil level after you run the engine for about 5 minutes. You should see a difference in the oil level. If you read it after a long layup, you see the level after it all drains down. Most dealers will tell you to run it at wide open for a few minutes ever few hours. The rings need to be seated properly. When they do you won't have this problems anymore. My dealer said that I was babying the engines too much, although I didn't have that problems with my F225's. As far as filtering more than 10 microns goes, that's pretty small and any smaller would probably starve the engine. Don't forget you also have a filter under the cowling. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X