engine stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine stalls

The engine starts but would not maintain rpm at idle. Keeps stalling. I suspect the carburators rebuild is in order. I used the seafoam shock treatment but no help. Can anyone tell me what parts I need to buy for a complete carburator rebuild? Or is there a rebuild kit?
    The engine is 1990 200hp (200etxd). Thanks in advance.

fish addict,
    The carb kit you want is Yamaha P/N 6K7-W0093-09-00. You can confirm this by looking up your motor in the online catalog above - item #18 in Repair Kit #1.
    Boats.net, sponsor of this forum, has good service and great prices - give 'em a call.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Just to make suredid you check compression i had the same problem and a dead clynder Wayde

Comment

I went ahead and cleaned out all 3 carburators. I took them apart, some were plugged up, cleaned and installed. Now purrs like a kitten. tks

Comment

fish addict,
          Did you install the carb kit? Or just tear-down and clean and use all of the old parts?
          What carb cleaner did you use?
          Just curious [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
          Ken K

Comment

I meant to get the kit but while taking out the brass jet to clean, one thing leads to another and pretty soon I had all the carbs out, I just reused the old gaskets, so far have not seen a leak, should get new gaskets though. I used gumout carb cleaners. Took out all the orifices and used very thin wire to clean them all.

Comment

fish addict,
              Glad you got your motor running ok. To prevent the carbs from clogging up again, don't let that motor set up for more than two weeks at a time w/o running, at least with the earmuffs on the drive way. I pull my boat out of the garage once every week in the off season, and run it with the earmuffs for about ten minutes.
              If this is not practical where you live, then follow the owner's manual for winter storage - StaBil in the fuel (or SeaFoam), fog the cylinders, etc.
              Also, I like to run Seafoam (or RingFree) about every third tank to clean out the fuel system and keep carbon buildup at a minimum. I also like to do a shock treatment with SeaFoam once a year to clean out any carbon buildup around the rings and pistons.
              Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
              Ken K

Comment

Working...
              X