93 Yamaha 130HP Power Tilt/TRIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Yamaha 130HP Power Tilt/TRIM

I'm having a problem with the power tilt n trim on my 1993 130HP, It doesnt go up or down , however I do here a clicking sound when I hit the switch. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Motor,relay,or simply time to replace the entire unit.

disconnect the wires going to the T&T motor and hook them up to a 12 volt battery to see if the motor will turn.
    that will tell you if motor is good

Then if it is good, looking at connections and measuring voltages to see if everything is working OK or where the problem is

Comment

easiest way is hook up a digital multi meter to the motor lead posts.
      hit the up button and you should read 12V,hit the down and it will read -12V.
      depending on the meter leads.
      what you are looking for is a 12v then a -12v on either one.

if you have it chase your motor issue, if not chase your power,ground or relay issue.

Comment

Thanks to you both, one questionfor rodbolt17 if I have the unit removed, and I want to test it with a 12v battery, which of the 2 wires is positive and negative, there is a blue wire and a green one.
        and 99yam40 when you refer to motor lead post are you refering to the end of the wires coming from the tilt trim motor? or the post (relays) that they are connected to on the engine.
        Sorry for the late questions to your responses, my son passed away a few weeks back and just couldnt respond, I now need something to keep me busy and hopefully I can get this issue resolved.

Comment

Both leads (green and blue) from the trim and tilt motor can be either positive or negative. Positive 12 volts on the green wire with ground on blue and the trim and tilt assembly will go down. Positive 12 volts on the blue wire with ground on the green wire and the assembly will go up. The relay does all of this magic for you depending upon which button is pressed, up or down.

Comment

the wires that come out of the T&T motor run to the T&T relay on all of the motors I have seen, so disconnect them at the relay

Comment

Working...
            X