Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA 85HP 2 strock

hi !

the thermostat was removed from this engine .
    i have two questions pleas .

1. the minimum water temp where the engine run is (18 C) or (64 F) is it OK to run without thermostat ?

2. could it effect idle rpm, how could i know if
    idle rpm is right ?

thank's
    Noam N

Dang, Chompin, where in the heck do you live - south Florida [img]smile.gif[/img] ? Where is HHGT?
    You really need to run the motor with a thermostat for optimum performance - even with the minimum water temp only going to 64 degrees.
    The motor is designed to run with a thermostat - there are circumstances when running w/o a thermostat that the upper cylinder water jacket will not completely fill with cooling water and that can lead to uneven cooling, scored cylinder walls, and cracked rings.
    Running w/o a thermostat could effect idle rpm a little - should be approx 650-700.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

thank's
      this is what i told the guy that ask me that
      but he insist that with this TMP it is OK
      i live in Israel .
      Noam N

Comment

Shalom - and good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Dear Ken
          i showed your reply to the guy with the yamaha 85hp and last night we assembled to the engine a new thermostat.

removing thermostat is common thing here and is hard to convince guys about shortcoming of that.

by the way :the most popular engines here are yamaha or honda
          and i import the parts from florida .

any way it is good to be supported by this forum as a good source for professional info
          Best Regards
          Noam N

Comment

Working...
          X