Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle not closing so cant get neutral!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle not closing so cant get neutral!

Hi guys, new to the forum and struggling to find a solution to a problem with my Boston Whaler

Its powered by a 2003 Yamaha F225TXRB around the marina it is fine in and out of gear, once out on the water it runs like it should the problem occurs when I return to the marina... it wont let me go to neutral, upon inspection the butterflies/throttle are not closing fully. I have to turn the engine off in gear then remove the cowling gently push the throttle closed and re-start the boat in neutral.... it hasnt had a massive amount of use and have oil'd and cleaned to the best of my ability... any ideas how to resolve as the service engineers in my area are very expensive!

Oliver

Here in the US Yamaha issued two recalls for throttle linkage and throttle bushings. The symptom was just as you described. Throttle would not close which can impede shifting the motor into neutral.

Check with your Yamaha dealer. Over here the motor is still being modified at Yamaha's expense.

Comment

need to disconnect throttle cable while problem is showing to see if that is binding things up or other things on motor.
      Eliminate one thing at a time so you can identify what to work on or replace

Comment

Working...
      X