No announcement yet.

2005 F225txr engine side connector help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just googled that. I guess it's not coming out till the 3rd quarter. So for now I just need to start a backbone and get the lowrance cable?

Comment

and no one has caught the fact we dont know what motor is being discussed.
      the 05 F225 would be labeled F225TXRD, the 06 and later would be labeled F225TXR. one is nema one is not.

Comment

An F225TXR is what the OP says he has. An F225TXR has NMEA 2000 output (aka Command Link). An F225TXR has just one trim/oil connector.

Some F225TXRD's were found to have NMEA 2000 output even though Yamaha records don't indicate same.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          the 05 F225 would be labeled F225TXRD, the 06 and later would be labeled F225TXR. one is nema one is not.
          Good morning Rodbolt!
          we understand that's what they told you in Kennesaw (just like they told you there are no Mercahas after 2003)

Post #1:

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post
          I have a 2005 f225 with nmea 2000 connection (has the plug and 31 on the ecu) .

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            An F225TXR is what the OP says he has. An F225TXR has NMEA 2000 output (aka Command Link). An F225TXR has just one trim/oil connector.

Some F225TXRD's were found to have NMEA 2000 output even though Yamaha records don't indicate same.
            He said he had a 2005 F225TXR,
            is it possible he has a 2006 F225TXR that was built in 2005 maybe

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

He said he had a 2005 F225TXR,
              is it possible he has a 2006 F225TXR that was built in 2005 maybe
              Confusing isn't it?

Technically there is no such thing as a 2006 F225TXR like there was a 2005 model year F225TXRD.

It got more confusing when Yamaha did away with model designations that were tied to model years. Not to be confused with production years.

There are F225TXR's that were made in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Production years, not model years.

I frequent a Mercury site where if someone does not post the full serial number they won't talk to you. Not a bad idea really. Cuts down on confusion.

I am suspecting that the OP has an F225TXR that was manufactured in 2005. But it really does not matter given what he is trying to do and what we know about his motor.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

Good morning Rodbolt!
                we understand that's what they told you in Kennesaw (just like they told you there are no Mercahas after 2003)

Post #1:
                Those folks in Kenneysar will lie. Knowingly or unknowingly. Some don't know the truth and some don't want the truth to be known.

In fairness to the Kenneysar folks, there is too much to know. One man can't and won't know it all. The problem is that some men can't say "I don't know". They will make up an answer so as to keep from appearing to be ignorant. It is a male trait apparently.

Comment

But it really does not matter given what he is trying to do and what we know about his motor.
                  exactly. He said he has a -31 ECU. No further need to discuss.

As some might say, "it's a stupid simple" concept

Comment

F150TXRD. Manufactured 10/2004. 63P-30

I am not only behind, but 2 steps behind.

Comment

[QUOTE=boscoe99;n203386]

Those folks in Kenneysar will lie. Knowingly or unknowingly. Some don't know the truth and some don't want the truth to be known.

In fairness to the Kenneysar folks, there is too much to know. One man can't and won't know it all. The problem is that some men can't say "I don't know". They will make up an answer so as to keep from appearing to be ignorant. It is a male trait apparently.[/QUOTE]

There are no bodies there of the female persuasion?
                      Dennis
                      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

[QUOTE=dray0151;n203392]

In fairness to the Kenneysar folks, there is too much to know. One man can't and won't know it all. The problem is that some men can't say "I don't know". They will make up an answer so as to keep from appearing to be ignorant. It is a male trait apparently.[/QUOTE]

There are no bodies there of the female persuasion?
                        I have tried and tried to persuade females with bodies over the years.

Comment

Dolly or Sandy arn't there any more?

Comment

So for now I just need to start a backbone and get the lowrance cable?
                            Getting back to the interests of the OP;

with your Simrad go9xse, at least, being N2K capable IMO you can't go wrong setting up a backbone now and connecting the engine.

Even if down the road you bought a Yamaha CL device, you could connect that to a NMEA Tee with an adapter cable.

So yes, "the Lowrance cable" # 120-37 or its equivalent from another source.

If you are the type of person to "roll your own" - you can buy the connector Yamaha uses:

https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.p...ategory_id=117

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/E...d/RFW/rfw.html

or go completely rogue:

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                              In the Heading I have 2005 F225TXR. So it's a 2005 f225txr with a nmea 2000 connector with a -31 ecm.

Comment

In the Heading I have 2005 F225TXR. So it's a 2005 f225txr with a nmea 2000 connector with a -31 ecm.
                                It is not a 2005 F225TXR. It is just an F225TXR.

Made in 2005. It could have just as easily been made in 2006. Same motor. No change. Only the motor made in 2006 might have more value.

If it were a 2005 model year motor then it would have been an F225TXRD.

Yamaha did away with model year motors in 2005. The last year with the fourth letter after the HP rating.

As I mentioned, it is confusing. You should have been around in 2005 when the change was made. Folks were coming unglued. They thought Yamaha was trying to pull the wool over their eyes. I don't disagree with those folks.

Rodbolt, our resident Yamaha master mokanik, even got confused by the title of your post.

Comment

Working...
                                X