No announcement yet.

Yamaha CommandLink Plus LCD display V2 fuel gauge calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, on 26NOV13, I was successful in performing a Single Point Calibration (simulated empty tank) using my 240 Ohm resistor trick (and an auxiliary ground on the ground side this time - that made the difference) between the disconnected fuel sender leads, however, the sender in the tank read about 220~ Kilo Ohms all by itself that day (was previously 38.5 Kilo Ohms on 13NOV13 and should only be 33 Ohms for a full tank) and is therefore useless to the Yamaha CommandLink Plus gauge when the sender leads have all been re-attached.
    Next stop, a new Faria 2 1/4" analog fuel gauge and new sender, or, simpler still, a new Moeller Mechanical Fuel Gauge/Sender combo right at the old sender location in the top of the tank. The Yamaha CL+ fuel gauge functionality is too vulnerable to having calibration lost due to button-pushers and is therefore not robust enough for a multi-user work boat environment.
    Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Generally 99.9% of fuel quantity indication problems are the result of the sender.

Here is the type of sender that I use. Would not be caught dead with any of kind. State of the art. No moving parts. Deadly accurate. It might be worth your while to empty the tank and then perform the multipoint calibration procedure. Your tank quantity indications will then be very, very accurate. You will only have to fill the tank one time.

CENTROID PRODUCTS - Computerized Tank Display - Electronic Senders - capacitive fuel gauges

Comment

Working...
      X