stored F150 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stored F150 2008

I am considering the purchase of a boat with twin 2008 F150's 110hrs.

It was involved in a divorce and the wife ended up with the boat.

It has been parked for 2.5 years.

100 hr service was completed. has been ran 10-15 hrs since

fuel stabilizer added.

freshwater use.

what type issues does this pose?

what should I plan to do before a sea trial?

I'm thinking drain fuel tank, change oil and replace batteries.

anything further?

In addition to everything you have said, I would get rid of the old fuel and make sure that you have a 10 micron filter, if so I would change it. I would also change the filter on the motor. Take the plugs out and spray in a light fogging oil to lubricate the cylinders. Add fresh non ethanol gas if you can find it and run it for about 10 minutes on muffs or at the dock. If all is good, enjoy

Comment

For a short start and sea trial do the above but instead of draining tanks get a small portable tank to run off of.
      If you buy it then drain the fuel tank. Do not use the old fuel either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilge Rat View Post
        For a short start and sea trial do the above but instead of draining tanks get a small portable tank to run off of.
        If you buy it then drain the fuel tank. Do not use the old fuel either way.
        that's an excellent idea! thanks for the suggestion. we have agreed on a price and now its up to me. I think its a great deal. concerned about time sat up

Comment

i would be getting a real mechanic to check the motors before i buy ,as it is not normally the women who gets the boat so the man would have done something to the motors ,so just in case ,precaution is better as it is a big gamble buying a divorce item maybe jinxed,be careful

Comment

Working...
          X