No announcement yet.

S150TXRU won’t rev past 4200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod, You don't think there may not be a fuel isue?

Comment

I beleave them carbs should be flow tested also.

Comment

14x14 3 blade stainless and she spun up to 5500 and 40 mph with the wind, 5300 and 3800 going into the wind.

can probably still take my old in for some work to get it dialed in better. But considering I was at about 1/4 tank and just me on the boat, I think she’s right.

now I need trim tabs! Haha

Comment

I belive he had a hull/rigging issue.
          but without PROPER testing the world will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            I belive he had a hull/rigging issue.
            but without PROPER testing the world will never know.
            i got the data sheet from Pursuit showing that with a 200hp topped out at 44mph. So i feel safe in assuming my 150 doing 40 mph almost empty that the engine is putting out the proper power.

Sorry i didn't properly test Rod - but you're still the man.

Comment

Originally posted by JerEazy2 View Post

i got the data sheet from Pursuit showing that with a 200hp topped out at 44mph. So i feel safe in assuming my 150 doing 40 mph almost empty that the engine is putting out the proper power.
              Pushing a 2150 boat with a 150 (rated for a 200) at 40 MPH is good!! Especially with a 200HP topping out at 44MPH (rated).

My 20'4" Angler, with an F150 runs about 46/47 MPH at 6,000 RPM's...

Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Pushing a 2150 boat with a 150 (rated for a 200) at 40 MPH is good!! Especially with a 200HP topping out at 44MPH (rated).

My 20'4" Angler, with an F150 runs about 46/47 MPH at 6,000 RPM's...

I was happy with the performance from the ole' 2-stroke! But she is a little fat in the stern. So trim tabs are going to be a must. I was also happy to to find out from Pursuit that it's max HP rating is 235!

So i already had to explain to my wife that if I accidentally blow up the 150 - i'm goin bigger.

Comment

Had to add a little note. Found out today when I was listing what I thought was a 15x15 for sale that it was not a 15x15. The box said 15x15, the receipt said it. But when taking pictures of the manufacturers part number I noticed something. It’s the wrong prop. It’s a 14x19 - which explains the 200 rpm loss from my 13.75x17.

So now that I’ve reached out and HOPEFULLY get the correct prop, I’ll have 2 very nice props to use haha.

Probably chased gremlins for an extra week or so for no good reason.

Moral of of the story, triple check your orders haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X