2005 150 vapor lock kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 150 vapor lock kit

My dealer told me I had a vapor lock issue with my 150. The problem is that yamaha no longer has this kit available. Does anyone know where I can get one?
    My motor number is 64P-X-1002896 . It a 2005 model.

--------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 11-08-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Yes. They don't have the part numbers for all of the kit. I contacted boats.net and they did not have the part numbers either. All they had was a picture of the kit but no parts list. Yamaha has refused to help me on this issue.

Comment

-------------------

Comment

No ? I ask them to at least pay for the parts since they knew about the problem in 2005 and did not inform me of it. My engine began having this problem while under warranty, but was not sever enough to take it in. I did't think (like a fool). The warranty ran out in 2012. Just when the problem really got bad.

Comment

I went to yamahausa but could not get the parts for my engine to come up.

Comment

--------------------

Comment

My boat was one year old when I got it. I got the extended warranty on it. The warranty ran out Jan 2012. The port engine has always been slow to start when hot. I use ethanol free gas and yamaha ring free additive. Have always had it serviced at the dealer. I know I should have had it looked earlier, it was more of a nuisance than major problem. I thought it was something minor like a filter. It became a major issue the last I used it. The starboard engine has a vapor lock kit on it. Either it came from the factory or it was put on before I bought the boat. Yamaha knew this was an issue early on or they would not have issued the bulletin 2005-004. I know there was no recall, but there should have been. At a minimum they should still market these kits. I only have 302 hours on this engine,had I used it more this problem might have shown up sooner while under warranty. With all this said do you how to go about finding out which parts might need to be replaced.

Comment

---------------------

Comment

I guess the man I bought the boat from had it fixed under warranty. He had it less than a year. Felt like it was too much boat for he and his wife.

Comment

VST Canister Modification

I have twin '03 F200s on my boat and both have been diagnosed with "vapor lock" problems (in warm weather only)...I live in SW Florida. The original "canister modification kit" part no. 90891-40430-00 is (surprise) no longer supplied by Yamaha. However, their tech said that this modification is shown in the 2006 engine diagrams and the individual parts can be purchased separately. Naturally, the individual parts are more expensive than the kit....thank you Yamaha.

If you really need this modification, look for an '05 or later engine that someone is selling for parts. The charcoal canister which is part of the modification will last a long time. I hope that this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X